isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, July 29, 2005

Shitty day. In many senses.

Yesterday I went to buy my Order of the Phoenix as planned.

When I reached TM Times Bookshop. I realized that all the hardcovers were gone (in a week?!) and only a few copies of paperback were left. Not that I mind, but the fact was that only the hardcovers were sold at the special price of $7. Paperbacks were still sold at $19.90.

What the heck?

I saw the paperback of Order of the Phoenix at White Sands popular... at $12.90... sigh, it's not as cheap as $7, but definitely better than $19.90.

I may be getting it today.

Recently I've been learning a few tricks on my calculator... games are not the only programs which have "cheat codes".

One of those "cheats codes" was the power-off function... well, by default, the calculator was auto-power-off. However, because of my habit of switching it off after every calculation, this function proved pretty useful for me.

And I learned the complex numbers "cheat code" on this calculator too! But then, using mental calculation is much quicker than doing the code...

While watching Brainiest Kid on the bus, there was this question about the identity of the animal whose name spelt backwards is a Roald Dahl novel. The answer was tortoise.

So, tortoise spelt backwards was... "esiotrot"...

Esiotrot! Isn't that the user name of one of the TJC Forum members?

Speaking of Roald Dahl, I read one of his novels entitled "Danny the Champion of the World", and I was quite disturbed by the way Danny and his father hunted for pheasants.

Roald Dahl's other novel character, the Big Friendly Giant (BFG for short) was also quite famous, and a few First-Person-Shooting games pay homage to this character by introducing their very own BFGs -- "Big Freakin' Guns"!

Yesterday evening, I had a meal at Ya Kun for the first time, and the cheese toast tasted pretty good! And not to forget the half-boiled eggs with soy sauce which I have not tasted since God knows when.

Yesterday wasn't shitty. Today was.

This morning when I arrived in College, I was greeted by an unusual sight... a few pieces of shit lying on the canteen floor, and you could smell them from even a few metres away.

And hence the few vacant tables near where the shit lay.

Thanks to God and the cleaners, the mess was cleared up by the time flag-raising was over.

And then, after 2 tutorials and a break, I suddenly felt funny in my stomach and went to the loo for you-know-what.

We've finally stepped out of the Food Chem phase of the syllabus (it bored me to tears) and began the first of our last few Inorganic Chem chapters: Transition Metals!

Summary of the lecture: Miss Lee Tun Leng, a few pages of facts, and a sleep which seemed to last a century.

After Computing Coursework, I went to the loo again. Hope it will be the last time for today.

My class will have photo-taking today... thank God I had a haircut only recently, so I can look smarter on camera.