isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Dull boy, the Spoilers and the Blood Drive

Today was racial harmony day celebrations and many of the students arrived in ethnic costumes. A pity I couldn't get any.

And Both Yong Chuan and I decided against trying anything funny (read my previous post).

Junqun, who has already covered most of "HP and the Half-blood Prince", had a very strong urge to provide spoilers. To satisfy his craving, I decided that I could take a spoiler or two. So I asked him who the half-blood prince was.

It was (highlight the red box to read)...

Severus Snape

Oh my goodness! I was stunned, as the answer was one of my least expected ones! But then again, is there any beauty in a totally predictable story?

There were some pretty nice ethnic costumes, like Chunyan's Korean outfit. Xiaoyun came in a sarong which was originally used as a cradle when she was a baby.

Oh, gosh.

We have reached the last chapter in the Maths syllabus -- Complex Numbers! According to Mr Ho (our lecturer), complex numbers are present in almost all remote controlling systems.

Actually, it just involves a constant called i, which is an imaginary number that takes a value of the "square root of -1".

Physics lecture was a typical Mr-Varella lecture... with lots of demonstrations.

To continue on the topic of spoilers, I have a bad habit of going to the end of a book even before reading it, so when I saw the E-book version of Half Blood Prince in one of the computers in the hub, I couldn't help but scroll right to the last few pages.

Junqun told me that some important character would die in this volume, and good grief, when I stopped scrolling, I was staring into the part where they're talking about the funeral of...

Dum Dum Dum Dum'd Dum Dum'd Dum...

I didn't tell you anything.

Maths tutorial, Computing lecture, GP scores analysis, Physics tutorials... typical day.

Then came Mass Civics, which was a celebration programme for Racial harmony day... there was a quiz and I answered one of the questions about Chinese wedding ceremonies and got a packet of Oreo Minis.

Next was lunch (to prepare for my blood donation) and WOW (Worship on Wednesday). We played a game which I last played during the IT Club June camp last year, and had a discussion about Church cultures.

Jonathan brought up a point, that since there are already enough churches in Singapore, we should actually put more effort in planting churches in countries like Thailand (reminds me of Keli), where churches are scarce.

That's quite a valid point... we should really channel our resources on where they're needed the most.

We talked about CCA "withdrawal symptoms" too. As in, after handing over our duties as seniors, we'll tend to feel some kind of emptiness in the time slots and in our minds... I had this feeling when the recent JCT just ended... and talking about Forums, I'll still feel a bit comfortable without going regularly into the sections I monitor to take a peek.

I accompanied Junming and Kee Liang for blood donation after WOW. The finger prick this year was less painful than the one I did last year. And as the needle gets bigger (from pricking finger to drawing blood), it gets less painful.

I was sort of worried that I would have to wait for a long time, but it was actually quite a short wait. In about half an hour I was on the donation chair.

On the chair, however, the waiting (and the anticipation) for the big needle was agonizing. When they finally got the needle in, I was given a card which says something like "You must be having a feeling of great satisfaction now..."

Since the last needle has gotten in, I couldn't agree with the statement more.

In moments the drawing of blood was over, and I got some free Milo, biscuits and a red cap. Not to mention the yellow bandage.

Oh yes, and the iron tablets.

I remember that my church organizes annual blood drives, and we advocate blood donation because it sort of emulates Christ's shedding of blood on the cross to cleanse our sins.

Now that I'm Christian, this was one of my purposes for donating blood as well.

I realized that recently I've become a very dull person. In fact, it's duller and duller (see this post)... and I can't help but feel that almost all the girls in my class have something against me...

Shit, worrying too much again.