isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Not very good at telling stories

W31-QV4N and C3PO have a similarity. They're not very good at telling stories.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
C3PO, protocol droid

On that fateful day when W31 and K30N went for some drifting, K30N was saying that W31 somehow lacked stories to share, while K30N himself had tons of it. W31 seemed to agree.

On another day when W31 went for lunch (you mean droids do eat?) with C-MX, C00L-K41 and J14N-YV4N, C-MX was sharing tons of stories about executions (what the heck?!) and W31 did notice that he did not have much to share.

W31 thinks that perhaps his talent lies not in verbal crapping, but in Cyber-crapping. That is, crapping on cyberspace. Ah, that. That's his destiny. Cybercrap.

Hello, I'm W31-QV4N, Cyba-crappa-droid at your service.



Yesterday Mom mopped the floor again (she does it every month) and I didn't realize how clean it had become until this morning... the floor was squeaky clean! Yes, so to show my appreciation, I delibrately rubbed the soles of my feet hard on the floor when I walked around the house so as to make a squeak in each step.

The mass PE was as strenous as any PE session which aims to prepare the guys for National Service. And, as usual, a shower refreshes the weary body like nothing else. What I know was that I did sweat a lot. I did wring my shirt dry after PE, but after hours in air-con rooms, it was still wet with perspiration. Can you imagine that?

I got A level pass for Chemistry. For which I am glad. But still, my overall grades are... B, C, E, O, C5. E for Chem, O for Maths. I knew I would get B for Computing since the top guy got 70 and I got 64 and there're only 6 students in the cohort.

Joel told me something today that reminded me of something which happened to me in Sec 4...

I was called up to the board to write down my solutions for an A. Maths question... I fumbled and sort of got it wrong a few times... and I was stuck up there for, like, 5 minutes. Worse still, I was damn pissed because I felt that I was disgracing myself in front of the class. I knew at that time that there were some in my class who didn't like me very much, and a voice in my head was telling me that those individuals were looking upon me scornfully.

I was still a new Christian at that time and I was very bothered with such issues. I may still get caught up in such things now, but it got much better. Still, I know that even if the whole world hates me, there will still be one who loves me -- God.

For Computing coursework today I almost completed the first question... except that I forgot about how to deal with static functions... so I started on my second question first. Really got to practice for that, as I realized that it's not as easy as I imagined.

How can it be easy to think like a machine? But that's what sums up the job of a programmer.

Xiaoyun and I took a survey for Julian's group that's doing Project Work on... blogging. Through that survey I got to know that actually Xiaoyun does blog! I've added her blog into my list of friends' links.

Added this Website that features a Star Wars comic with a Singaporean twist. Some parts are really funny, and the whole thing kind of made sense as well.