isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, July 24, 2005

I don't care if mice love grain.

OK, I'm in no place to criticize other people's works.

But seriously, won't you get irritated if you hear the same song in lots of different versions, everywhere?

I mean, the first time I heard "Mouse loves grain" over the radio, the DJ was saying that there're many singers vying for a chance to sing that song.

I was, like, come on... is this song that good? I mean THAT good?

The version I heard was sung by Guo Meimei. It's OK... I think this song has a kiddish theme and the accompaniment suits the song pretty well.

I haven't heard the Twins version yet. Not that I want to anyway...

I got a taste of the dance mix of that song when I was passing by that shop... I thanked God I was merely passing by. For reasons unknown, I was irritated big time by the dance mix... I mean, it's totally no link!

Once when I was having breakfast near College, I heard the version sang by a male... I didn't know whether it's Yang or Wang, but I was, like, OK... OK...

In another optical shop, I heard another infuriating version of that song... sang by a male and a female with sentimental piano accompaniment... this accompaniment is even more no-link than the dance mix... it doesn't fit the theme at all, and when I heard it, I was, like, "Give me a BREAK!!!"

Originally I didn't think this was a blog-worthy issue, but I heard the dance mix again at a night market yesterday. Same as that I heard at another night market a few days ago.

And hence this post.