isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, July 22, 2005

I, MM

I told you I have nothing to blog about on Fridays...

But there's the IT Club investiture yesterday.

It started at about 5:30 PM, and I attended the investiture with a heavy heart for several reasons.

  • I wasn't a skillful project leader and the most significant thing I managed to do was to "inspire" them to revamp the notice board.
  • The year Twos who have paid for their IT Club T-shirts would have to get them after handing over. Part of it was my fault and I thank them for being understanding.
  • I thought there were only drinks for refreshments (thank God I was wrong).

Melvin's speech was a nice ending speech... he addressed every Year Two member personally... and he didn't forget that I was a Star Wars fan. The address to Junqun was the funniest.

All in all, there were speeches, Flash presentations and photo taking sessions. In one of the photos in the presentation, the way I posed made me look like I was "pregnant"! Oh gosh.

And the new Exco pledge is really funny... "We'll increase our RAM and upgrade our processors..."

What lightened me up a bit was the lavish feast prepared by See Shuen's (our new chairperson) mother, along with the drinks. There were lots of dishes... like fried fishballs (my favourite), sausages, curry puffs, and this mixture of curry, potatoes and bits of hard boiled egg.

Most of us claimed that they could actually skip dinner after that.

I'll really miss the fellow Year Two members... our friendship developed through our Moderator jobs in the College Forums and other activities like DotA-

Oops.

I was surprised that Kuti still hasn't known who the Half-blood Prince was... I reckon that I'm really a spoiler-hardy person... Junqun even told me how...

Dum Dum Dum Dum'd Dum Dum'd Dum...

... was killed. And it was certainly worthy to be called a spoiler!

Nah... I guess spoilers won't really affect me... Star Wars fans already had access to Episode 3 spoilers since year 1983 anyway...

Heh. I've got the title I've been waiting for: Moderator Mentor! It's nice to be an MM.

I was very down this morning; I quarrelled with Mom again yesterday evening... I almost didn't go for the prayer meeting but Max saw me shortly after I arrived in College, so... I went anyway lah.

God is the only constant in my life, among all the changes around me. In times of despair, I'll thank God for... still being God.

I finally completed my 2nd question for Computing Coursework today... which thrusts me into a whole new realm of confusion -- Question 3! Basically I think that the question is very abstract and all my friends say that there're lots of ambiguities in the question too.

But I shall overcome.

No, should be "overcome shall I".

No. "Shall come over, I".

Hmm. Come over, deed-in.