isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, July 25, 2005

Of Stupid Lifts and Nice Novels.

Last weekend, I observed an irritating behaviour of the lifts in my flat again.

I don't know about the A.I. of these lifts... are they just downright stupid, or are they so smart that they became stupid.

I was on my way home, on the first level, waiting for a the lift. And there were two lifts, one at level 11 and one at level 2.

After I pressed the button, I expected the one at level 2 to come for me, since it's nearer. However, the lifts were stationary for a while, seeming to decide which one would be the best to carry out the honourable job of transporting this particular resident.

In the end, the one at level 11 made its way down.

Meanwhile, the lift at level 2 was biding its (maybe I should use "his") time, and when the one from level 11 had already reached level 3, the one at level 2 quickly started down to fetch me.

When the lift from level 2 arrived first (obviously...), I could imagine "him" shouting "I win, I win!".

So... are they too stupid or too smart? No matter what, they pissed me off.

Now for the happier side of my weekend...

I finally got the time to continue doing a new template for the website for my friend's mother tongue school, and I've already completed quite a huge part of it. I was just wondering if I had to redo the picture gallery all over again... because it had over 40 pictures!

I've covered about half of the Star Wars novel, "Tatooine Ghost"... and it's quite a nice book. It's about Leia coming across a journal made by Shmi Skywalker (Anakin's mother, Leia's grandmother) for her son, Anakin, when he was training as a Jedi apprentice. Leia's view of her father (she could only see her father as the evil fallen Jedi Darth Vader) was changed by the words in Shmi's journal and also by Anakin's childhood friends, Kitster and Wald (whom we get to see in Episode 1), who were inspired by Anakin to work for their own freedom from slavery.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Shmi Skywalker

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Young Kitster Banai, who grew up among the upper class, whom he worked for. He later married a Kuati lady, then divorced her (you'll understand if you know Kuati ladies) and married another lady named Tamora.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Young Wald, who raced swoop bikes to win his freedom, not unlike Anakin who raced the Pods. He later opened a hardware shop.

I'm starting to get the hang of Electrochem, or so I hope. At least I can face my tutorials later with less fear.

My calculator had been giving me quite a lot of trouble recently, so I decided that it's time I get a new one. So I bought one today for $20. Some of my classmates are using this model as well, and it's pretty cool!

My friends told me about this blog entry which talked about subtitles in pirated DVDs... see for yourself and you'll know what I mean.

Oh, and do prepare yourself. The subtitles actually contain the F word!

Crazy subtitles