isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, July 08, 2005

Computer Chemistry

Yesterday I read Jiemin's blog about people saying that they've no time for God... I think I've made myself too busy recently as well... and I sort of gave God little of my time in prayer... didn't come into his presence that often... yeah.

At times I may feel a bit bored and may need some "entertainment"... but in the end, without God, even the most amusing books couldn't amuse me much.

Nothing can really satisfy all the needs of the individual except God. When I went after other things to satisfy my needs, those things will eventually "fail" me, and God will simply ask...

"Why didn't you come to me first?"

So yesterday evening I came before God and asked for his help in reminding me that he is the only one who can meet all my needs. Other stuff are just "wants" and I can leave the provision of those things to God.

This morning my church prayer group could finally decide on a common free time... 6:50 am! So I was there with them... yeah. I arrived a bit late but I got the prayer list anyway... and God sort of gave me a vision (well I didn't "see" it but I sort of had this in my mind...) and I decided to pledge for the Arise and Build campaign for my church

Anyway...

Today, during the break after the first 2 periods, I accompanied Maoxin to hand in the Youth Day donation envelopes to Ms Fong. According to Maoxin, Ms Fong said that she would be in Com Lab 3. Yeah.

We made our way up and saw Mrs Lam inside with 35/04.

As we plotted our next move, I suggested that he (or Ms Fong, for that matter) would have confused "Com Lab" with "Chem Lab". We decided to give it a try.

On our way there we saw Mrs Leong.

Now every Friday (before the holidays), Mrs Leong would have Maths remedial sessions with my class right after the break. So to play safe, we asked Mrs Leong whether there would be a remedial today.

Somehow we could tell that Mrs Leong did not intend to conduct such a session today (neither was the class), but since we asked... Mrs Leong then told us to inform the remedial people that there would be a session today.

Not to sound bad, but in a joking sense, we sort of "pulled the trigger", yeah?

As we approached Chem Lab 4, we could hear a female voice (I've got a bad feeling about this) and it turned out to be... Ms Fong.

My, my, my... she even got the number wrong!

I slept during Maths lecture today.

Mr Goh took over then Food Chem lecture today. He was my Chem tutor in the first 3 months and I had a pretty good impression of him, except that during the tutorials in my first 3 months, he was never as funny as he was during lectures (especially the one on Carbonyl compounds). I called him the "stoic comedian" (an attempt to translate what we Chinese call "leng mian xiao jiang").

Today was no exception.

When he was talking about microbes, he would suddenly talk about this air-con commercial with bacteria partying on the air-con slits... heh. Then he was talking about the curdling of milk which is caused by a slight pH change... and he said we could actually curdle fresh milk on ourselves... by adding vinegar.

Ugh.

By the way, curdling means the formation of soft putty solids... in the dairy sense, I think. Yoghurt, yes. Yoghurt. And now you know how the word "beancurd" came about.

Talk about beancurds, during the earlier part of the lecture, Joel was sitting beside me in this "Jay-Chou-driving-his-AE86" pose. Heh. Act cool or what.

Computing coursework on Object-Oriented Programming reminded me of my need for a revision on C++ syntax. I even forgot to include the header file in my class functions implementation code! What the heck?

Today I had a heart-to-heart talk with Joel. He's one of my closest brothers in Christ.

After that I joined my Student venture friends for Bible study (haven't went for BS a long long time...) and had a good time there.

So... this weekend shall be Maths tutorial on Estimation, Maths 2003 A level Paper 1 (on my Ten-year series), C++ syntax revision (probably a heavy one) and the website which I took as a project.

God help me.