isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Initials

G: Grounded

The last "long" weekend was not a good one for me. Or at least not an entertaining one. Except that I finished 2 of my novels: the junior novelisation of "Revenge of the Sith" and "Star Warped".

I found "Star Warped" a bit crappy... but then again, a parody wasn't supposed to make sense... ROTS was better (at least it made sense) and as usual, the story was quite saddening... yeah. The author of the junior novelisation (Patricia C. Wrede) accounted for some of the background stories, and that made the story flow much more smoothly.

Heh... wait till November, when I can read Matthew Stover's novelisation of ROTS!

Nothing much during the weekends, otherwise.

Monday and Tuesday were boring days too (I couldn't go for class outing and IT Club outing because I was grounded!)... but I still went out with Mom for dinner, and I bought a new bottle on Monday! The same kind of "Neon" bottle... with this holed cap which enabled me to secure it to my bag using a carabiner (my bottle tends to "fly" out of my side pocket during my... erm... "high speed travels", you see...).

On Tuesday, I went for Electone lesson alone because Mom was unwell... my teacher taught me Jazz styles of melody faking... it was quite cool!

D: Drifting

Yeah, that's what Initial D means. I didn't know the meaning of this wierd title until now.

Ever since I saw the posters of the Initial D movie (there're plenty of them in Tampines Mall!), I had decided to catch it after my June Common Tests. One of the reasons was pure curiosity (Jay Chou's debut performance, you see) and the other reason was my love for racing.

And since Kelvin said he didn't mind watching twice, I went to watch the film with him yesterday.

OK let me sidetrack first...

On the way there (we went to TM on bus), we met Esther, an old friend from the Kindergarten years. I remembered her until now because I only had a few close friends at that time, and she was one of them.

Actually Kelvin wasn't a very close friend of mine at that time, except that I recognized him as "the boy who lived upstairs of the kindergarten" (and he still lives there). It was on the first day of secondary school when Kelvin approached me... and we became close friends because of Harmonica Orchestra.

Fast forward back to yesterday afternoon... we're at TM having lunch and talking about blogging styles. After lunch, I went to watch this guy playing Star Wars Trilogy Arcade... the guy was damn pro... he went through the later part of Yavin (Episode 4) and Hoth (Episode 5) with just one dollar!

I remembered my Sec 3 years, when I had to spend $8 to complete the whole dang game...

OK the film now... I think Jay had done quite well in his part (since it suited his shy mannerism anyway) and the races were very exciting to watch indeed. I just didn't like the fairly sad ending... I like happy endings. Only.

R: Results

Yeah... I got back my JCT results yesterday (except for Chemistry which I got today).

  • Physics: 60%
  • Computing: 64%
  • Maths: 42% (lowest in my class, and I'm not proud of it)
  • Chemistry: 37% (What the heck?!)

I wasn't surprised at my results actually... they're directly proportional to the amount of time I spent on each subject (2 weeks for Computing!). I was just a bit shaken by my Chemistry... I thought I could get beyond 40% (my marks for last year's Promotional Exams).

I think Mrs Leong sort of expected me to be the lowest in class for Maths (since I failed all my maths tests this year)...but in retrospect, I think i would have gotten at least 60% for Maths if I did the paper in reverse order (from Qn 14 to Qn 1), since the last few questions were about Random Variables which I could actually score at if I was given more time.

I should say "if I gave myself more time".

The Chem paper was a washout... I think a lot of people in my class got OWNED by the paper... me included. Miss Fong didn't seem to be disappointed, though... and it warmed my heart a bit.