isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Imperial sketch

Yesterday I went for Electone lesson alone again, as Mom had not recovered from her cough yet.

Mom did go to Tampines Mall with me... on the way I complained to her that she "pang seh" me , and to my surprise, Mom told me that "pang seh" actually translates to "fang sheng" (the ceremonious "letting go" of an animal back into the wild) in Chinese!

To think that we all (the youth of this generation) say "pang seh" all the time when we refer to "abandon"! Who cares anyway...

Yamaha added 2 STAGEA (the latest model) Electones in the studio I have my lessons in, so I got to try it out for the first time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yamaha STAGEA Electone

It was way cool! Touch screen... wide range of instrument voices to choose from... there were even instruments like the Pipa and the Sitar, so I tried playing Chinese and Indian versions of Imperial March!

Talk about Imperial March...

Today during Physics Lecture, I was doing random drawings on my notes as usual, and I realized that what I was drawing seemed to look like an old man's face, so I added some touches to it and...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dum Dum Dum Dum'd Dum Dum'd Dum

None of my friends could tell that I was trying to draw Emperor Palpatine... sigh.

Mrs Leong was upset over my results, and she said that I've got to pay more attention in class... from tomorrow onwards I'll be sitting at the front row during Maths lessons.

Come on, congratulate me.

My class did Civics with 04/04 today and we talked about dating and stuff like that. We're asked to share some of the qualities we'll look for in our partners, and I did write some down, though I left out quite a lot. So here's a more complete version...

  • Christian.
  • Someone who can let me feel at ease.
  • Loves children. Heh.
  • Accepts me for who I am (I'm a pretty flawed individual you see...).
  • Filial. To her parents and mine.

I was quite surprised (I know I shouldn't) to see that it is widely accepted that people see "life partners" differently from they see "dating partners". For me, I wouldn't date someone whom I know I won't marry.

Many view marriage as the "tomb of love", but I don't think so. I believe that marriage will take the love between a couple to a whole new level, a place where cohabitation will never help me reach.

The Bible says that "he who finds a wife finds treasure". How true it is.

I heard recently that the food court at Tampines Mall will be owned by a new company soon, and I actually feared that the whole place will be renovated. I have tons of memories in that place, and I do wish to see those memories intact.

Now I can feel for those who oppose the reconstruction of certain historic places.

But then again, one should be comfortable with change.

I have a long day ahead. Got to mug for Physics and Maths.