isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Isaiah and the great GP serew-up.

My goodness... I left out on a few things that happened yesterday in my previous post ...

Anyway, they're nothing much. Just some experiments with the Cathode-ray Oscilloscope and some additional Physics knowledge on moving air...

The GP lesson today was a total screw-up for me... firstly, Esmond and I went to present our stuff for an essay question on "Teach Less Learn More" and... our stuff was limited. Too limited.

And then it came to pass, when Joel was presenting his ideas on "Question 10" of the JCT paper, I mistook it as "Question 10" of the Prelim paper (I didn't look at the test name) and I made an idiot of myself asking an obviously-totally-idiotic question.

Today was the day of collection of Project Work files. Thank God they (I don't know who, though...) decided to keep the file of my group (Maoxin's done a great job organizing the file), so we don't have to argue about who should keep the file. Just as well.

Food Chem lecture today (it's the last one, sob...) was... sleep inducing for me. And I really slept.

Computing Coursework is working out fine, and I'm almost at the end of my 2nd question (out of 3 questions!). Almost. Just one more function and my code shall be complete!

Anyway, shortly after posting my previous post yesterday, I came across this article about harry Potter on ChristianityToday.com... it discusses some of the aspects of the story (mostly about the symbolic figures) which (get this) point to the gospel!

Most of the points in the article are pretty valid. Take a look at the article here.

Although I sort of maintain the point that HP will have certain undesirable effects on children (Not adults like us. Heh), if there's proper guidance it can even be used as an evangelistic tool!

Tomorrow we'll be celebrating Racial Harmony day (yes I know it's not the actual day, but Wednesday is a convenient day isn't it?) and we're supposed to turn up in ethnic costumes or College uniform. I'm not sure whether normal home clothes will do, but... no I'll just wear my College uniform.

Yong Chuan (he reads my blog occasionally) who is a big Nazi fan, will turn up with a Nazi arm band (sounds more like a "racist" outfit to me...) tomorrow. So, I've made an agreement with him. If he turns up tomorrow in that Nazi arm band, I'll be at College in smart uniform and a "Star of David" arm band (worn by Jews during the time the Nazi relocated the Jews into ghettoes).

We shall see.