isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, July 01, 2005

The best adventure film this "summer": The June Common Tests.

Indeed, an adventure it was!

The June common test was over, like, in a flash. Not exactly a flash lah, but... when it came to an end with the collection of Maths papers yesterday, I have a feeling of... uneasiness. That kind of feeling when you... arrgh what's the word?

To say it in Mandarin would be "she bu de".

I think some of you are ready to bash me up... can't bear to see the JCTs end? Crazy or what?

I don't understand myself, in this sense. I suppose it matters not, now that the "Tests" are over.

Anyway...

Day One

Physics paper and General Paper. Yeah. PP and GP.

Huh? Whatever...

I was generally quite prepared for the Physics test. Besides Computing, it's the subject which I covered the most during the holidays. Probably because it's in Day One.

So I think I could score well for Physics.

One of the disturbing trends I observed about Physics was that for Essay Questions, the 3rd question was always about Ideal Gas. They did this for the past 3 years (this year included). It might have been the same case in the earlier years, except that I only bought the JCT papers for 2003 and 2004.

After the Physics paper I joined the IT Club dudes for a nice break in IT Clubroom. No games, though. Just sitting around...

General Paper. I wrote crap for my Essay. It's doomed I think. After a short break (and a mournful one for me) though, it turned out that I did my Comprehension quite happily. It's the first time in this year when I finished my Application Question (meaning that I wrote my conclusion).

Fall and redemption do come in chronological order.

Day Two

I had no papers on that day, so it's muigging for me. Not much I did, for I had not finished summarising my Computing notes (Computing paper was to be on Day 3) yet. So I spent the whole morning completing the summaries and the later part of the afternoon studying them.

The evening was much more enjoyable. I went to Tampines Mall to buy the junior novelisation of Revenge of the Sith. At first I was a bit worried that it would be sold out (I discovered them at Popular Bookstore a week ago), but a more sensible thing to do was to pray and stop worrying. Which I did. So I thanked God I managed to get that book. Yeah.

After that I joined Mom for dinner at Century Square. Had knife-shreeded noodles with beef. It was really a sumptuous meal (it's been a long time since I blogged about "last dinners")... delicious soup, chunky beef... chunks.

Day Three

Computing paper was OK for me (thanks to the 2 weeks of summarising and memorising of notes). It was held in a classroom (didn't expect them to give a hall to 6 students anyway...).

Near the end of the paper, there were these 2 cleaners (who apparently didn't know that we're having a paper inside) talking quite loudly outside our classroom. And worse still, they were walking at a slow pace, so they took about a minute to walk past our room. Heh.

Never mind. I was done with the answering anyway...

After the paper, I had no other paper for the day, so I went to the Computer lab to surf the Net until lunch time.

There was to be a lot of "digesting" to be done after lunch.

With the painful realization that I had not touched my Food Chemistry notes during the holidays, my whole afteroon was spent summarising the notes (thank God it's only Carbohydrates). Never in my life did I have such a hard time "digesting" starch.

Day Four

Last day for the JCT (for us who aren't taking Chinese, heh heh).

An quick end to this Common Test thing also meant that I'd have to get slapped in the face twice in a single day -- by Maths and Chemistry.

No Multiple Choice Questions for Chem paper... they said it's to let us have a feel of the A level paper 3.

I could manage the Structured Questions part. At the expense of the Essay Questions part.

For the Structured part, I was gently (it was only written on the cover sheet) instructed to finish it in 1 hour and 20 minutes. I took about 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Couldn't reach the end of the Essays part.

Chilled out at the IT Clubroom after the test with the same guys again... watched some "Triump the insult dog" videos. Kuti showed me the graph paper which we were given during the Chem paper, and it took me a while to realize that this meant that he didn't do the graph question on Chem Kinetics.

Maths paper. Poor time management was my undoing. Would be my worst paper this time round.

Aftermath (which was really "after Math")

After the paper was over, I joined my class for dinner at Tampines Mall. Had beef noodles.

Oh, I could finally get my Star Warped out of my locker. Began reading it today.

I think that the "Prequels" part was done in haste... so it might not be as entertaining (and content-rich, for that matter) as the "Sequels". So I might as well read the "prequels" first.

It was so short, I finished Episodes 1 and 2 in less than an hour.

Kelvin watched Initial D yesterday... I could have actually watched it with my class yesterday as well, except that I thought I would be watching with Kelvin today.

But he watched yesterday. So...

Well, he said that he didn't mind watching it for a second time, so I'm gonna call him later.

By the way, you might not notice (this time the probablity of missing it is close to 100%) that the Recent Entries section had been replaced by "Milestones 2005". I dont' have to explain what it is about. It's obvious.

I originally wanted to name the section "Classics", but on second thoughts, only bloggers like Xiaxue have the right to call their posts "classics", so commoners like us should not use too pompous names.

Jesus once said that one should not go sit at a place that's of honour which is higher than what one deserves. Otherwise that person would be brought down to his "rightful" place and it would be even more embarassing.

I wonder what's up with Cbox. The tagging section of the tagboard can't load. Looks like we shall be "silenced" for quite a while...