isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Back to running

This morning was mass PE (they swing back to the usual time table real fast!) and we did running again.

I haven't been running (or rather "jogging" since "running" sounds a bit funny here...) for a month. Spent it on mugging. And other things of course.

OK. So the guys were supposed to run 2 rounds of the "Gate to gate" route, i.e. from PE gate to main gate through outside route, then reach College through main gate and run along the school main road to the PE gate again. About 1.8 km, according to Mr Ng.

So it's half of my usual 3.6 km training route.

I'm a bit sorry I didn't follow my class, as I decided that since it's my first time running after so long, I've got to give it my best shot.

Finished the 2 rounds in 8 minutes 6 seconds. Quite satisfactory for me, as my usual time for 3.6 km was about 16 to 17 minutes anyway.

I learnt an important lesson today for Maths... use short forms for different "cases" in probability questions. Then, instead of using...

"Get head (from throwing coin), draw from sack X, get blue ball"

I can just write

"HXB"

Yeah.

Watched a video about outsourcing for GP today... there's this group in India called the "RSS" which is committed in its so-called "fight" against Westernisation. Nothing to do with outsourcing, I know... but the show also discussed the effects of outsourcing and "globalisation".

While some people (I myself included) would sometimes agree that "globalisation" is merely "Americanisation", today it came to my mind that one of the reasons for this was that the Western world achieved technological advancements first. Hence, when other cultures adopted the technology of "the West", naturally they would adopt some aspects of the Western culture as well.

In that sense, if technological advancement was first acheved in the East...