isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Never, ever, EVER give up!

I was listening to Sy Rogers' sermon on my church's website.

He opened the sermon with this quote from... erm was it Winston Churchill? Well anyway, (OK I think it's Churchill) was once asked to speak to a group of University students, and he merely gave these few words.

"Never give up. Never ever give up. Never ever ever give up!!"

I heard from some other source that the crowd gave a standing ovation to that.

Well I was thinking that if I, a nobody, went up on stage to say just these words, the crowd would just deem me as an unprepared speaker.

But that's not the point.

I just want to encourage the HO people (sorry for not being there with you all) not to give up. You all don't know the school's decision yet. I mean, they're not gonna close us down just because we got silver.

I freaked out when I saw Yulan's post. Seriously, Yulan, I think you're worrying too much.

Actually, in light of the fact that we got Bronze for 2003 SYF, I thought I was going to be happy for you all.

Before I saw in the entries that you all actually "screwed up" the songs.

Never mind, I tell you what. These days I've been failing all my tests. It's not that I didn't study; I did. What happened was that during the tests I seemed to switch to "idiot mode" (as I call it). I forgot the basic stuff and so on.

And I haven't passed a Physics test for this year yet.

Maybe what mentioned above wasn't relevant, but I know what you guys need -- someone to believe in you all. When I told Mum about my plans for studying, I got scolded for not doing it (the plans) earlier. What the heck?

I'm not gonna give a damn for people who don't believe that I can do it. I think I told you guys before in my blog that my Chem teacher did not scold me for failing the tests but kept telling me I am improving and that I can do it.

I say again, I am grateful for that.

HO, you all may think that you've let people down. But I tell you this. If you think you let them down, it's because you know they believed in you first.

But if they believed in you then, they would still do so now.

Got any negative examples you can show me? No right? You said the Guitar people believed in you all. Did this change after you got the results?

Your other friends from other CCAs, your teachers... did their attitude towards you change?

I hope not.

As for those who, like Yulan said, called you all an "ulu ulu CCA", they did not believe in you all in the first place. And they didn't change after you all got the results.

Nothing was lost.