isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, April 18, 2005

A racket's test.

This morning our class had our first practical for thermochem. It's adding sodium carbonate into hydrochloric acid. Haha when I added in the solid into the acid (it's supposed to be exothermic)... "Effervescence was observed" was an understatement. The whole thing was fizzing like crazy! You know... about as fizzy as a can of coke you've just shaken!

But then again, the gas is carbon dioxide. Go read your Chem textbook or your notes or whatever you study with.

I didn't know Ms Fong was in Air-rifle club when she was in JC!

Anyway, followed by 2 lectures was coputing lesson. Mr Chua planned to let us finish the coursework this week, so it's intense web-coding for all of us this week. FOr me, I have a disadvantage because I have not prepared my layout in the first 3 hours (during which I could do at hoe and bring to school). Now I have to do all the designing in school only. I know it's my fault.

Never mind. I should overcome all odds. At least I finished the basic template for the site.

During Physics practical today we went through Skill A (planning an experiment) and this time we were to come up with an experiment to test a chosen factor which affects the bounce of a tennis ball off the racket.

Mr Desai allowed us to refer to the notes we've been given last... year. Yeah. It's about doing the same thing with a ping pong ball.

A lot of my classmates copied wholesale, you can even find the "ping pong ball" mentioned in their answers which clearly should not involve ping pong but tennis. Aww whatever...

That's why I chose to do it on my own. Easier to learn that way. Must think long term waht.

When Mr Desai reminded us to state some safety precautions which are unique to the use of tennis ball, I suggested that the doer should...

"Remember to return the tennis ball to the PE office."

*cold*

After that was PE lesson when we started on our sports elective lessons. I miss the Roller blading elective I had last year. Aww... the adrenaline rush... the falls... aww...

This year, it's floorball for me. It's not that I don't like floorball, but there's an alternative called "Badminton Elective" (which I lurrrve) but they have no vacancies already. So... I've got to comproise lah.

Floorball was quite fun, actually. I enjoyed dribbling the ball! The "hockey" sticks we used were plastic ones, so they were light and wieldable. Haha.

Still, Badminton rocks more. Arrgh whatever!

More Starwars.com captions entries.

"Revenge of the Seth"