isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, April 11, 2005

No free lunch? Think again.

Sigh... I still can't blog on weekends, so here's a crash course on last Saturday and Sunday.

On Saturday morning I was mugging as usual. The good news is that I could actually do my Binomial expansion tutorial independently! And I sort of gained understanding about Discrete Random Variables too! So it was all mugging for me before going with my mum on a recee trip to Tiong Bahru in the evening. We had to ascertain the location of one of my mum's future electone students (yes she's serious about teaching electone).

Now you know why I wasn't free for the Beta House function. When I heard that "only 7 people" were going for the function, I was shocked! I almost thought that not going would really be too cruel to the House Committee, given the expected turnout. I was relieved when I heard later that it was 7 people from my class who were going -- not 7 from the cohort. Phew.

Anyway, after the recee trip, Mum and I went to Tiong Bahru Plaza for dinner. I can't really say that I'm impressed with the foodcourt there. There was something which caught my attention though -- the big fish (longer than my arm!) displayed in the freezer at a fish soup stall.



On Sunday I was at home studying Differential Equations for the coming Maths test on Wednesday. The topic's killing me, I tell you what! I had difficulty with almost all the questions I chose from my Ten-year Series! Arrgh!

Oh, I did my Computing assignment besides Math, and I've finally come up with my creative brief and the name of my imaginary "childcare centre" -- BigPlus! When I was using my logo design software I came across this very beautiful Plus sign, and it reminded me of the Easter sermon when my pastor said "When Jesus died for you on the cross, he turned your 'minus' into a big 'plus' ". Also, BigPlus does sound suitable for a place for children, don't you think?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Haha I don't know if there's a childcare centre in Singapore with a similar name... any similarities are purely coincidential.

As for the NKF show yesterday, I didn't watch the first part (mugging then prayer) and I didn't watch the last part (I had to sleep early). One thing I watched and considered crazy was what Jack Neo did -- using his tongue to stop a fan by the blades. Ugh.



Yesterday I was thinking about an issue -- Whether I'm "ashamed of the Gospel" or not. It's like this... I'm sort of afraid to declare my faith openly to some people, afraid that they would have a bad impression of Christians because of me (I can't say I have been perfect in my dealings with others, you know...). I'm afraid that people would keep pointing at my imperfect areas and then say "Hmph, call yourself a Christian!". I was afraid because I know that I'm not veing a very good testimony for God in some areas of my life.

I'm not ashamed of the Gospel. I'm ashamed of myself.

I know of some people who would love to pounce on a stumbled Christian and try to shatter him/her with hurting words. Try to attack both the person and the faith. Try to vent their hatred on a faith they already dislike.

The Bible says "They hated me without cause".



Yesterday's date was 10/04 (10th April). According to my friend, some Civics Groups have been using such dates to celebrate their "CG birthdays", hence my CG 10/04 decided to declare 10th April our CG day. Since yesterday was a Sunday, we could only push our celebration till today.

Haha... we decided to order pizza during lunch period for our celebration.

So after all the waiting... it's pizza time! The girls were there first to prepare the drinks and to collect the pizzas (Ms Fong's treating us!). So I arrived with the Computing dudes to a line of tables with almost the whole of 10/04 there. Wow... then we were each given a cup of Coke (which we could not drink before the arrival of Ms Fong... haha).

OK here comes Ms Fong.

We originally wanted to say "Yam Seng" for the toasting session but some girls complained that "Yam Seng" was too "low class" (oh do get a life!) so in the end we just said cheers.

"Cheers" could not give the atmosphere "Yam Seng" could generate. That dampened my mood a whole notch.

But then again, all problems were solved when the food came! Each of us was entitled to 2 slices of pizzas (it was filling enough!) and so we had a hearty CG pizza lunch! And lots of photo taking. Some of my classmates poured almost a whole packet of chilli powder on the slices they were eating. Hot hot hot!

After the pizza I had an apple. Eat healthy huh?

My Physics tutor lamented about a particular thing that happened during the Physics lecture eariler in the day. When our lecturer used red and blue (yes, blue!) beans to demonstrate the theory of photons, some of the students' immediate concern was "Where did he get the blue beans from?".

Confession: Actually that was one of the first questions in my mind too...