isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Made in China

OK I'm gonna make this short. I have my computing assignment waiting for me to complete.

During the last Easter service the church bookshop "Attributes" was promoting a series of hand bands (you know... those rubber ones which are very popular these days) with messages on them such as "Keep walking" and "What would Jesus do?"

Whatever is hip and cool and morally sound, you can find it in my church.

So last week I decided to ask my friend to help me get one of those hand bands (I still can't go there presonally, you know...) and I got to collect it from him this morning. It's a blue hand band with the "Keep walking" message on it.

One thing I observed recently was that most of the Christian gifts I recieved from my friends (namely a pass-it-on cards set and this hand band) had this classic phrase on them: Made in China.

Haha... nothing negative about it, it's just that China is, as you all know, a highly secular country which does not really agree with most of the tenets of the Christian faith. So, I was quite surprised to see "Made in China" on Christian artefacts... haha.

Now, what describes my situation more will be -- "Keep typing".

Pray for me, brothers and sisters.