isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Aye Aye Aye I'm your little Butterfly...

There goes another Thursday. Swimming day. IT Club day. Slack-from-2:15 pm-to-5:15 pm day.

Oh well...

So there's swimming in the morning. Today the swimming complex was open super early, so I was able to enter the complex the moment I reached there. In the past I had to wait for, like, 5 minutes lah.

Sitting at the gallery, I was again the first to change into my trunks. And thank God, there's no lecture about punctuality today since the cohort was fast enough in changing.

I think the College Swim Team's training today was more strenous than usual. Haha I saw all of them doing that "Butterfly" across the pool (Alex from my class was the fastest!) and I thought... "Eh? It sure looks easy, doesn't it?"

Yeah right.

Down in the pool, when I tried imitating the back kick and the hand movements in the Butterfly stroke, I couldn't move forward an inch. Or maybe I did move forward, but only an inch. Don't know lah. And my front crawl was still at the cannot-make-it level.

Back to College.

We were told to complete the tutorial for Poisson distribution and start on the next tutorial on Continuous Random Variables. I did finish my Poisson tutorial yesterday, but I had no time to start on the CRV one.

That's why, after Chem tutorial, I went along with some classmates to ask Ms Fong some questions. Firstly because I really had doubts to be cleared. Secondly because I wanted to avoid Mrs Leong who could have caught me for not doing my CRV tutorial. Lol.

Thank God, Mrs Leong only had time to finish going through the Poisson tutorial, and there's no Maths tutorial tomorrow. Muahahaha! Can postpone my CRV tutorial to the weekends lah.

For your information, the Year Two students were grouped into Bands (1 to 4, I think) according to last year's results in the Promotional exam. So we're having these "Band-oriented" lessons every Thursday.

Today, the Band 1 and Band 2 GP students were supposed to hand in an introduction to an essay about crime and punishment. Most of us in my class (including me) have not done the introduction yet, so during the lunch period we had to write turbo-intros. Managed to finish mine. Phew.

In the end, the tutor mentioned nothing about the intro. We went through the ways of writing an introduction, but no submission of homeworks! Never mind, I found the lesson quite relaxing anyway.

Which makes me love Thursdays even more.

Then it was Computing (which I really wasn't looking forward to, because of the stress involved in doing coursework). Today I finished the online enrolment form for my imaginary childcare centre. A great breakthrough for me.

During the free period before lunch today, I was doing this test to classify various types of bloggers. Here's my result!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What kind of blogger are you?

Haha... I think it's quite accurate! The reason why I blog is to relate to my friends.

And I have something to say (which I left out yesterday) about Xiaxue's post on Christianity.



Posted by Xiaxue:
"It was said that Jesus understands our grief, for he too lived as a human, and he knows we all have heavy hearts. He however urges us not to feel upset, for the deceased as gone to a better, sunshiny place called heaven. So ... Does this Jesus guy expect us to feel upset, or not??? (If you don't get the contradiction, I am not going to bother explaining)"



Jesus made this statement during his Sermon on the Mount, that "God blesses those who mourn, for they shall be comforted" (Matthew 5:4). His telling us not to be sad can be explained like this:

He understands our being sad, but if we can get out of our grief eventually, he'll be happy for us.

Is that contradiction? No, that's common sense!



Near the end of today's IT Club meeting, we found the 1977 (founding year) College Yearbook. And we saw Mr Francis Tong's photo, taken in his JC days! Haha his look didn't change these 28 years... still the broad face, lol.