isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Long weekend.

Last weekend was a long weekend (with labour day on a Sunday... make-up holiday on monday... wow.)



Last Saturday, I met up with my GP group to do our Application Question (which we will have to hand in this week). Our meeting place was originally Compass Point in Sengkang, so I went there early and bought an FM radio for $2 (you know... the kind of small small one, battery operated one...). Yeah, and later I joined the group and we did the first part of our AQ in Burger King.

Later we decided that BK's environment was too distracting, so we decided to move our place to Esmond's house instead, where we thought we could be more concentrated.

Yeah right.

We went to Esmond's house by LRT (it was my first LRT trip!), and on the way, I confirmed the fact that Sengkang would be one of the places (including Tanah Merah) I would like to live in when I grew up. It's quite a nice place and I love the way the LRT tracks intertwine with each other... looks so... "urban". OK never mind.

When we reached Esmond's house, the first thing our "focused" study group did was... BRIDGE!!!

We had a whale of a time playing Bridge (which I learned after the first few rounds). One of my best (and noisiest) victories was when I partnered with Joe. Haha... we were "playing Spades" near the end of the game and I happened to have a lot of Spade cards, so....

Joe: "Do you have a Spade?"
Me: "Yes!!"

*Joe "ate" the set*

Joe: "Do you have a Spade?"
Me: "Yes!!"

*Joe "ate" the last set and... VICTORY!!!*

Haha... in the end we were hugging each other as if we won the World Cup.

OK, after all the Bridge and noise, we continued our AQ. It went quite successfully and all of us were so full of ideas... Esmond treated us to home-made pudding near the end of our AQ time.

After which was... Bridge again! Except that during the last few rounds I kept partnering with Esmond (who scolds his partners for slight errors...).



On Sunday, I tried out the FM radio I bought and it worked! hehe... so it was 2 days (Sun + Mon) of YES 933 music for me! Haha... I regained my hope in Mando-pop!

Oh, there were a few nice songs... one of which impressed me the most was Eason Chan's "Shall we Talk?". Quite meaningful, the song is.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, I have no time to translate everything... so for those who don't understand Chinese, sorry.

David Tao's "Suzanne says" is also not bad, I think.



Today was uneventful, ecxept that our class wrote Essays for GP today and I wrote on the topic: "Do we need action heroes?". I hope my points were okay.

I wrote something like, action heroes are for enterteinment, but we don't really need them for inspiration since we cannot be inspired by impossible things... has the crime rate decreased with the various superheroes' stories all around our lives?

Near the end of the lesson, a bird perched on the window grille of our classroom and started singing... actualy it's singing was not bad, except that we were all too busy writing our conclusions to give a damn about its singing. Finding no one to appreciate its singing, it flew off.