isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Blue Friday and Restoration Sunday

Friday was a busy day. So I've got absolutely no time to even go on Forums, much less blogging. Hence you see me blogging about Friday on Sunday.

On Friday morning, during the GP lesson, we started discussions on the Terri Schiavo case and then Euthanasia in general. Throughtout the lesson I'd been thinking of this matter. I don't know... many Christians would of course give a strong "NO!!!" towards "removing the feeding tube" from Schiavo... but for me, all I can say is that I feel miserable watching her being kept alive "artificially" and, as my GP tutor said, being "effectively brain-dead". Many would say "No" from a "pro-life" point of view, but I just have a question -- What kind of "life" was that anyway? Could it be called "life" in the first place?

On Euthanasia... well basically I don't approve that kind of cases where the person simply "lost hope" for life and wanted to die (That's quite a lame excuse, I think) but what about those in incurable suffering? Asking myself the classical question "What would Jesus do?", my answer was that Jesus would heal the person in pain. But I'm not Jesus as in I can't really lay hands on a person and heal him/her instantly...

I'm in a dilemma concerning that issue, because nobody is supposed to remain neutral.

Deliverence came, however, when we got to know the PW results we'd been waiting for. My whole group got Band 2, which was quite good considering the fact that no one in my class got Band 1. I thank my groups members for being understanding when I screwed up some PW stuff more than once.

Did I say "deliverance"?

Then it was sports day in which I was not very involved. You know... after screwing up the 4 x 100 relay last year, I really didn't want to act "seh" in front of the cohort again. So... haha I went for a relaxing shower (in College lah!) while the enthusiasts were cheering away.

Oh yes, talking about cheering, I was there during the cheerleading match (my shower was rather fast, you know) and seriously I thought Alpha house would win. They had the best costumes. Or maybe I was biased towards blue colour. Oh well...

Delta house won. It wasn't what I expected.

Near the end of the sports meet, Maoxin was giving me a crash course on Olympics shooting and on the various types of weapons, with the kind of enthusiasm I would have when giving a summary of Star Wars. You get the point. Well, now I can say I know the difference between semi-automatic and automatic guns.

Actually, on Wednesday, my class decided to have an outing after the sports meet. I expected the sports meet to end at 5 pm, so I thought I could have dinner with the class on Friday.

In the end, the stupid sports meet ended at 6:30 pm.

So, while we originally decided to go to Marina Steamboat (whatever it's called), we couldn't go there now because there would probably be no more seats for us. So, we went to Suntec City in the end. Without knowing where to spend the evening. K-box? Foodcourt? Hmm... never mind, board the MRT first.

On the MRT, we played this finger game (I really don't know how to explain the rules, but it was quite easy to get the hang of the game) which kept us entertained all the way to City Hall. After reaching there, we decided to try K-box first.

After asking for possible options at K-box, however, we decided that it's not worth it. Because they said we could only stay there from 8 to 10 pm (there were reservations, you see...) and worse still, no food. And we're starving.

In the end, they decided to go Kenny Rogers, and we reached there, it was near 8:30 pm. The waiter said we had to wait for 30 minutes.

As I had to leave Suntec at 9 pm, I decided I couldn't do much staying with my class throughout the 30 minutes, so... bye bye people... *sobx*. I had to go get some miserable *sniff* dinner and leave for the East *sniff*.

Everything seemed to happen in an instant after that. I went to Carrefour and bought a box of Sushi to (literally) stuff my mouth with. Then I passed by MPH (it was not 9 pm yet) so I wet in to browse through the newly-released novel of SW E3 -- Revenge of the Sith. After that, I was on my way home, lamenting on the MRT about the unfairness of life. Poor me.

OK you may be wondering why I could blog at home. This is because I ran a spyware scan just now and removed a whole lot of spyware stuff. That made my internet speed OK again.