isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Jiah Kentang

Yesterday I had a potato feast at Delifrance... Haha the Deli-potato rawks, man! I learnt some French at Delifrance as well, like Croissant is pronounced as "kwa-zon". Also, I finally understood the meaning of A-la-carte.

OK I know I'm a country bumpkin...

Anyway, last week during swimming (I was there even though I didn't swim) Mr Sim said that we have to get ready earlier and not wait for orders to change.

So, today I got changed into swimming trunks and T-shirt the moment I reached the assembly point in the complex. For a crowd to take initiative, there's gonna be a person taking the initiative first. So I decided to do it, and let Mr Sim know that there are some who actually give a damn about swimming in the Thursday swimming batch. My classmates changed too.

So in the end, 10/04 was the first class which was ready. Haha.

And there are rewards -- today Mr Sim commended the cohort for punctuality and he let us go to our various pools without a 10-minute lecture (first time for the Thursday batch!)

No I'm not trying to show off or whatever, I 'm just saying that this was a lesson I learnt today. Haha reminds me of what Shihui said about... influencing others.

Today my group finally moved to the deep pool for practices! Thank God!

As usual, being the swimming lover I was, I swam a bit ore after the session was over.

Which caused me to forget the time and eventually arrive late for Chemistry tutorial for about 15 minutes!

Ms Fong sent me out.

...

And I had a wonderful time in CS lab! Lol. Talk about looking on the bright side of life!

OK but next time I shall not be late again. Must be good testimony for God eh?

Then it's all the Thursday routines again...

Today during quiet time I read Paul's 2nd letter the the Corinthian church; the part where he got sort of... pissed with many of the teachers who loved to boast about themselves too much. He went on to say that even though they had so much to brag about, he himself had more!



"Such bragging is not something the Lord wants, but I am acting like a fool."
2 Corinthians 11:17



In a lot of occasions where we get very pissed, we know our reaction would be irrational, but at the heat of the moment... YARRGH! I myself have, during quarrels, grumbled about others to God in my heat-of-the-moment prayers. Couldn't help it lah!

But after that I would of course feel bad about it (refer to the beginning of my Tuesday entry).

During the Computing period today, I managed to make my competitive analysis look decent.

Yeah I said decent.

Then I vroom'ed (on a cab lah!) straight to CMPB for an eye checkup. The thing started at 3 pm, and when I went there they put this eyedrop into my eye "to let my pupils dilate".

The first round didn't work, so it's another drop, and another wait.

The first time round the wait was 20 minutes. The second wait was 40 minutes, and it went on way beyond the time my pupils dilated (I knew it because my vision became blurred). I supposed it was because the optician wasn't there yet.

And in the end, the real checkup only took about 10 minutes. So it was 1 hour of waiting and 10 minutes of checkup for dear me.

What made my day later was a sausage + bacon stick I bought at NTUC in Tiong Bahru Plaza. I've always loved sausage products!

Then, MRT and Bus 12 back to College for the IT Club meeting (I'll join those guys right after making this entry!).