isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, February 14, 2005

A toast to friendship.

Well, today is Valentine's day! Or Friendship day for some people.

Like me.

So, last Friday, Mrs Lim (our principal) told us that we can wear home clothes to school for today, so I naturally chose home clothes (unlike some un-enthu bunch who wanna come in uniform...). I decided to wear this blue polo tee and a cool pair of berms I bought for CNY.

Yeah. Cool.

This morning, however, when I put on my blue polo tee, I was suddenly a bit worried that I might look a bit... "girly" in it because... oh well, it looks something like this...





I know I could have taken a snapshot of myself instead of using this pathetic drawing but... oh what's MS paint for, besides this?

OK. The colour scheme sort of reminds me of Cedar Girls... lol. However I still went to college in this shirt and my cool berms anyway, but eventually it turned out quite fine. Phew.

In the morning(the pre-flag-raising time), I was in the canteen (as usual) and the usual guys were there. Near the assembly time, me and NCC stayed and waited for Kelvin but... sigh, Kelvin, why are you late again?

Then I went for Chem practical. Today's reagents were, according to Ms Fong, "expensive", so we're supposed to do group work in groups of 6 and 7 (very "friendship-day" indeed!) so as to minimise the use of the "expensive" methyl benzoate. Lol.

Halfway through the practical, the Guitar club group came into the lab and sang "Ning Xia" for us.

*Ning~ jing~ de xia tian*
*Tian kong zhong fan xing dian dian*

Eh? Sounds like my blog background right? Aww, whatever...

In the end? My group couldn't even produce the solid benzoic acid. Arrgh! And we still must hand in the report by tomorrow. But what to write? Zero yield? Hmph!

OK. Then it was math lecture. Mr Low actually dismissed us early after he finished like, 3 examples. So I had time for a chocolate-milk break. Then, a few usual lessons followed.

I'm getting into Object-Oriented programming in my computing curriculum. We'll be programming DOS games soon! ... ...Text-based ones lah, what are you thinking?

Speaking of friendship, yesterday during my quiet time with God I came across this Bible verse...

My heart has heard you(God) say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "Lord, I'm coming." -- Psalm 27:8

Many people think that God wants us to become some sort of highly-religious dudes, but actually God just wants us to invite him into our lives as a friend. Many are thinking, "What does God want us to do?". In response to this question, Jesus simply said,

"This is what God wants you to do: Believe in the One he has sent." -- John 6:29