isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Saturday, February 19, 2005

They Will Run and Not Be Weary -- Episode 2: TJC Annual Road Run!

Today was the Road Run, when all the stuff I've acquired from all my recent jogging trainings will be put to the test.

The girls were suppposed to run first, followed by the teachers and then the guys. So basically we had lots of time for preparation. I went with Joel to the Dance Studio and did some stretching, and during the forward body bend, I kept shouting "Lower!" to mimic one of our PE teachers... well if you don't get it, never mind.

Anyway, when the girls were starting to come back (with the usual ones i the first few places), I saw Joel Long waving the Beta House flag at the front of th Beta crowd, so I went to talk with him. Later I actually got to wave the flag, and it was quite fun!

Soon after that, was the boys' turn to run. Our route was about 5km (Our PE teacher actually said "It's 5km only"), which as longer than our usual 3.6km. I was determined to run a constant pace instead of doing the sprint-walk-sprint-walk cycle.

However, in the begining when I saw everyone (it was a really huge crowd, I tell you what) running quickly, I was presurrised and began running faster than usual. And felt the pain in my lungs again.

Sigh... ego took over me again, that's why my body failed me. Later, however, as I ran at a slower pace, I felt much better.

>> Fast Forward the slow pace part >>

Near the end of the route, when reached the main gate, I began sprinting like there's no tomorrow.So after the run, I was so tired that I actually forgot to look at my timing (there was a large clock beside the track). I reckon I completed the race in 26 minutes plus, because when I looked at the clock later, it showed 27 minutes.

After that was the cheering competition which I didn't really pay attention to. During the prize presentation ceremony, I was just talking to the 2 "Joels" about IT Club stuff.

And Joel Lee, if you're reading this, I wanna join web design division!!!

OK. After everything, I went for quiet time, then as I was about to leave college, I saw the SV crowd discussing about the cming evangelistic party we're gonna have in March, and there I learned the "mass dance" steps of the song "King Of Majesty". Very funny, the chorus part was.