isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Isaiah's "A Series of Exciting Events" Episode 4-- Flag Day!

Heh. The flag day I posted about in... ... I forgot which post already. Heh.

Anyway, today we started at about 8 a.m. , and I followed Maoxin, Joel and Yong Chuan. Originally Maoxin suggested that we go to the Bedok Library area, but then later, when we crossed the road and arrived at the market area opposite TJC, the guys decided that we might as well station ourselves here for the time being.

And thus began the wonderful flag-selling time!

I was, like, pretty nervous at first (as was I during the Sec 4 flag day) butthen I got used to it some time later. Recently I think I've got some minor problems with my lower spine, so I got quite uncomfortable from standing for so long.

And bored.

In the end the guys dropped the plan of moving place and decided to station ourselves here until the end!
Maoxin was particularly efficient, and finished selling 3 sheets of flags (about 150 of them) by 11 a.m.

Even until almost 12 p.m. (our time to report back), I was still left with 21 (es I counted them) flags. Sigh...

After that, I went opposite to have lunch with Maoxin and Felicia. After ordering my food, I saw Maoxin playing the "Rain of Shit" game on his handphone. Felicia was quite disturbed at the mention of "shit".

(And sorry if you've just had your meal.)

Seeing Fel's reaction to that word, Maoxin began attempting to talk about some gross scenes he watched on CSI, but Fel was not so "disturbed" this time. Mission failure. Well, maybe I should have taken out my oil absorbing film, wiped my face with it, and then wave it around like a banner. It worked on my Mom.

Ugh!