isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Bad Math day

This morning, during double GP tutorial, we discussed some of the changes in the 20th Century. We talked about stuff like reality TV (For your information, I hate reality shows). My tutor stated this point which I quite agree -- that shows like Extreme Gourmet are actually quite rude, as in it mocks at the ethnic cuisine of other races.

We also talked about the changing attitudes of the young towards the elderly. My tutor recounted an interesting (or should I say, horrifying) incident. An elderly woman went on a bus and saw a schoolgirl sitting there, and she boxed (WTH?!) the schoolgirl for not giving up the seat for her. The schoolgirl kicked her back.

*shivers*

Well, I myself would not have retaliated in such a way, but I would be very angry with the elderly lady... I mean, we have the right to ask for favour but we have no right to demand for favour, some more in an aggressive way.

Anyway, later I was doing my maths tutorial and I was very upset because I couldn't do the last few questions. I almost lost all my mood for the day and even wanted to skip my Chem lecture. Later Poh Woon wanted to crash the lecture, so I followed him.

In the end, we ended up at the front row of the Lecture hall.

Today I got back my Math open-book test and I got even more upset. I failed again. I was thinking, today my blog entry's title shall be "I suck".

Later, when I went to the toilet to pray, though, I decided not to wallow in self pity and rely on God for my future. I want to live with an attitude of praise towards God, because He is still holy and righteous even though we may face upsetting circumstances.