isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, February 11, 2005

Chinese New Year!

(Damn it! Internet was down so my previous attempt to post this entry failed... now I have to retype everything all over!)

FOOD

This year, I ate less bah kua (jerky) than the previous years... not solely because of my self-control (which was pretty weak in terms of food), but because most of the homes I've been to didn't prepare it.
I had steamboat dinner for all 3 days (Eve, Day 1, Day 2), and steamboat means... lots of abalone!

THOTS

I think that the movies channel 8 prepared for CNY day 1 are quite nice and meaningful. So much so that I was glued on the TV set and did not talk much with my relatives... oops!

On day 2, I met Kaiyuan, who's doing Primary 6 now (he's the son of my dad's friend). he brought Pokemon Ruby, so I gave it a try. Basically the graphics are nice and realistic, and a few cities like the Fortree City (with lots of treetop houses) were pretty impressive! However, I still didn't have much desire to buy Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. Just as well.

Lavaridge City-- Notice the hot spring at the top left of the picture. You can actually go in for a dip!



Fortree City


During the festive season I met some of my cousins who, by now, have families and children on their own. While I still remember them as they were at my current age, I can already see in them the weariness caused by stress from working and parenting. Sigh...

I haven't counted my red packet money yet. Too lazy lah...

One thing I don't like about CNY is the superstition involved. Some may say those things are traditions to be observed, but I don't really think all of the so-called "traditional" practices are correct or even sensible.

IMHO.