isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, March 03, 2005

"They Will Run and Not Be Weary" Episode 3 -- Caught Red-footed

No I didn't kick anyone to death.

It was this morning, during mass PE, when we had mock NAPFA, 2.4 km run. I decided to try something new.

Running barefooted.

And so I did. When all were preparing to run, I went up the Grand Stand to take off my shoes then came down to the track barefooted. Many of my friends were, like, WTH?

Then the run began.

When I was in secondary school my 2.4 km run wasn't very impressive. Now, however, since we all do 3.6 km run very often, 2.4 km is now relatively easier for me. So I ran on.

This was the first time I lapped someone else; I even lapped some girls twice!. (I learnt this word "lapped" only today. It means being one lap ahead of someone. ) Most of the girls laughed when they saw me being barefooted (Oops!)... In the end my performance was quite satisfactory for me.

10 minutes 56 seconds.

And to link to the title, the soles of my feet were still red from the paint on the track.

OK later was Chem and Maths (nothing much, really), then quiet time behind Audi. I have 2 free periods on Thursdays so i did read the Bible in the first period and slept in the second. I just lied down there.

And I could remember a teacher walking past me while I was half asleep.

Anyway, today I read 1 John, the part about loving one another. We shouldn't hate because hatred is murder in the heart. I think this is what most of us have committed at least once in our lives. And we often think that we're such good people. When we're not.






If we say we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and refusing to accept the truth.-- 1 John 1:8






Oh yeah, Easter is coming soon and I may invite some of my friends to City Harvest Church celebrarions.

Anyway, today i've finally completed my first ever Object-Oriented programming assignment. That lifted my spirits a lot.

Today Joel will be teaching Dreamweaver to IT Club year ones. He even prepared notes!