isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

O.O.F.E.

Not much today, really.

Except that during the GP tutorial (essay for today) I wrote a "philosophical" essay again. The topic is "There are some things in life that are better than life itself. Comment." Last year my tutor commented that I tend to write philosophical essays. I think it's true. Haha. This time my essay had enough content to last me 2 full pages (instead of the usual one and a half page).

My GP tutor taught us a way to examine essay topic sentences. She said we can look at the sentence and think of the question which the sentencs answers. If the question we come up with is not really close to the essay question, the topic sentence has a problem.

But the problem is that I really can't bring myself to write paragraphs with topic sentences of the same format, keywords and all. Still, I did it today, but I couldn't seem to be sure that my topic sentences were the way they want it. Maybe I'm a bit perfectionist...

Today I had a fabulous lunch. I went to Kampung Delight and saw this squid cooked in a mysterious black sauce, a dish which one would usually see in Nasi Padang stalls. So I ordered it, ad I didn't regret, because I had always loved squids!

Miss Fong announced our grades today, and I got OOFE. E for Computing, and O for Chem and Maths. F for Physics. Sigh... but then I was actually glad that I didn't get straight Fs which I sort of expected... Haha. Thank God for pulling me through, and I'd better work harder next term.

Yesterday I talked to my mother about my academics which she was always worried about, but I sort of assured her that since Computing A levels is stretched throughout the curriculum year (in 3 coursework exams), it's easier for me to score well. Hope so... now that I am to do my webpage coursework, I got sort of scared again... of all the creative brief and stuff... Pray for me. Haha.