isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, August 22, 2005

Yesterday Once More

Last Friday was the 15th day of the month in the Lunar Calendar. The evening moon was so bright and yellow and big, it reminded me of werewolves.

Anyway, I thank God for one thing... this year the 7th lunar month auctions and "getai" were held during the weekdays, so I could have quiet weekends for me to study.

The 24-hour button (start/stop button in the stopwatch function) of my watch was spoilt. I got a clue of why it couldn't work after opening it up... the button works this way: When I press it, it pushes another metal lead which will touch a point on the inner... what do you call that... mechanism?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A pictorial representation of how my watch button works. Sorry, that's the best I can do.

Whatever. So it seemed that the metal lead of my 24-hour button became too rigid for no apparent reason, so it couldn't touch the inner mechanism (really, please pardon my awkward phrasing) when I push the button. Initially I thought of a way to counter this problem: Putting a small piece of metal in the space between the "lead" and the "connection point" (I used a staple "bullet") so that when I press the button, the lead will at least touch the staple which will then touch the connection point.

But then again, just when I thought my idea could work, yesterday that piece of staple got into a wrong position and my watch started flickering from 24-hour to 12-hour and then 24-hour... and so on. In the end, I got fed up and removed the staple and left that button as it was: Spoilt.

Anyway, Mum and I finally got hold of a floppy disc drive cleaner, which meant that after cleaning the drive in our Electone, we could start playing songs using voice and rhythm data from special floppy discs again.

Listening to Mum playing "Yesterday Once More" happily with all the "correct" voices and rhythm, I couldn't help but have the same feeling... it's "yesterday once more", when I can play beautiful tunes instead of using preset voices (which most people would find pretty boring).

Today we're supposed to have Food Chem test. I don't want to talk about it anymore... I got OWNED big time for the test because I couldn't finish studying over the weekends... and didn't memorise important details of...

Wait, some of my friends haven't taken the test right?

I had 2 dreamy lectures... I didn't know why, but I attended the Maths lecture with the highest level of reluctance... I suddenly had the feeling that I wanted to just stop doing everything, probably because of the grueling Food Chem test which just ended... and I slept throughout the Maths lecture.

Physics lecture was at least OK... Mr Chan pointed out that the cohort talked a lot... he even suggested that we had this illness called "verbal diarrhoea".

My car in Initial D is going to have a carbon fibre bonnet in the tuning course I've chosen (I'll get it if my accumulated points reach a certain level), and while it looked cool, I didn't have the faintest idea as to what it's used for.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sigh... my Honda Civic Type R is silver-coloured, not the disgusting yellow!!

So I did some light research on the Internet about the use of the carbon fibre bonnet, and came across this article.

Boring... no more group PE for us now... wonder what we'll do for Mass PE this Thursday...