isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I wanna be OR I, wannabe

The past 2 days have not been very eventful (this is becoming quite a kind of cliche... I know...) but yesterday I read through the first few volumes of the Initial D manga.

At first, after watching the movie, I thought the part about Natsuki being "booked" by a rich man was added in by the HK movie makers, but I discovered that the same thing happens in the manga.

It's impossible for me to read all volumes (there are already over 25 volumes!) but I hope that after Takumi discovered about Natsuki's past, he would still acccept her... the HK movie left this part hanging in the air and I'm not sure I liked this.

Anyway, there was also an episode on Itsuki (Takumi's racer-wannabe friend) getting an AE-85 which was deemed useless as a racing car, and while Itsuki laments about that, Takumi took that AE-85 for a drive and did his drifts pretty well too.

I sort of see myself in the character of Itsuki... also a wannabe... heh.

Anyway, this morning's mass PE was still 2.4 km run (won't they take a break?!), but we're allowed to go and play games or go for jogs on our own.

Initially I was a bit reluctant about going out of College (it was about to rain, and also I wasn't sure if the Discipline Master would allow this), but when I was 3 guys from 14/04 going out for a jog, I decided that it was OK after all.

However, since the back gate (they call it the "PE" gate) was closed, I could not run the Upper East Coast Road course, but only to Temasek Primary and back. Took about 16 and a half minutes.

I was surprised to see something like AE-86 in Need For Speed Underground, under the name of Toyota Corolla. But Joel Long told me that this is what Trueno is called in America: Corolla!

Well, since the Initial D series got me so fascinated about this car, I decided to see it in action in Underground 2.

With "suitable" modifications (Joel really knows his way about the game), he claimed to have turned the stock Trueno (I still prefer this name) into a "monster".

Well, it didn't work well in my hands, of course, but Joel Long could take a lead in that car.

But then again, it's the driver that determines the results.

In the "Drag" race, which focuses on gear changing and is mostly about going straight routes at top speeds, I learned the meaning of the term "Over Rev", and other stuff about gear changing.

Crap... I'm thinking of buying a car in the future now... I didn't want one in the past, because I didn't want to add to the conjestion in Singapore...

We're able to (or I should say invited to) wear home clothes and slippers (kind of a "slippers' day") for tomorrow's Teachers' Day celebrations. Since they want brightly-coloured clothes, I decided to wear my orange jersey which I think looks like one of the TJC Swim Team shirts...

I'd have a lot to blog about tomorrow, my last "play day" before Prelims.