isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Heal the broken

Lust is still the weakest area of my spiritual life. I gave in to a stupid temptation again yesterday, and I'm not sure if I can prevent myself from doing so in the future.

The rest of my day would have been happy if not for that thing I've done in the afternoon.

Pleasure which is not from God, results in emptiness. It may take me forever to understand it.



I bought "The Magician's Nephew", the first book of the Chronicles of Narnia. I haven't gotten into the main part of the story, so I can't talk much about it.

Also, I bought this 3M Super Glue Gel at Popular, which is better than those runny super glues in that it's easier to apply... and its binding power is pretty good as well. My sandal's sole came off during my June Holidays and I used that glue to stick it back, and my sandals are still going strong now.

There's always this nagging problem which I think you all will face as well... I don't know what to call it, but I've got 2 secnarios of a similar nature.

One of my new bottles had its cap cracked, so the whole bottle couldn't be used for carrying water, even if the rest of it was OK.

My watch is fully functional, but the watch strap was close to breakage. If the strap was broken, wouldn't this render the watch unusable?

I used my Super Glue Gel to mend my watch strap yesterday. Hope it works. So far, I'm comfortable with the result.

As for that bottle of mine, I'm using it as a saving box. You see, I tend to save only $1 and 50-cent coins if I want to buy something, but suddenly I had this desire to save a bottleful of 10-cent and 20-cent coins, and I've started that a few days ago. Using this leaky-cap bottle.



Today I tried playing Need For Speed with the ITC dudes again, and this time I'm definitely gaining control of my Mercedes CLK GTR... according to my friends, it has got high acceleration, which is one of the primary factors I consider when looking at racing vehicles.

High top speed is one thing, but you may never reach that top speed anyway. And if you crash, high acceleration may help you recover fast.

Which is why in Star Wars racers, I choose Sebulba's Podracer (acceleration) instead of Anakin's (top speed).

Anyway, talking about CLK GTR... I got its picture on Yahoo search.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com