isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Great leap forward

This morning, I was glad to see Kelvin coming with his MP3 player. I thought the repairs would take longer than this...

He was singing praises for Wilber Pan's new song "Bu De Bu Ai" (Can't Help But Love), which didn't impress me that much. But I had to admit that the mysterious girl who sang the song with Pan had a good voice.

During the times when my $2 radio was operational, I heard this song called "Bei Feng Chui Guo De Xia Tian" (A Wind-blown Summer) sung by JJ Lin and a new female singer from China called Jin Sha. I really like that song because of the way Jin Sha sang it... it's what I would call a sweet voice.

Kelvin brought the MP3 of the song "Kong Qi" (Air) in her album which was named after this song. I couldn't hear it clearly (Kelvin's preferred earphone volume was way lower than mine), but I think I still prefer "Bei Feng Chui Guo De Xia Tian" where she sang at a lower pitch.

Today the guys were free from PE because there will be NAPFA test today and tomorrow.

However, most of us tarried around the Sports Complex anyway.

The guys in my class loitered near the Standing Broad jump station and we witnessed a few instances of phenomenal achievement.

A swimmer from 01/04 did a typical good jump, and I think he reached way beyond the passing distance. Just when we were applauding his great performance, one guy from 16/04 came along and did a rather unusual jump.

Most of us would normally bend our legs and lift them off the ground when we jump forward, but this guy jumped with his legs almost straight, so it appeared like he "floated" through the air.

What's more? His distance was almost the same as that of the guy from 01/04!

I was inspired to practice the jump myself, so Maoxin and I went to the back for a study on jumping poses and techniques. Initially, I would stumble forward on landing, but after some practices I could control my landing better.

This would turn out to be both a blessing and a curse for me.

After PE, my class had an Electrochem test which I did with a certain level of comfort, but I wasn't sure if I could pass. Ms Fong distributed this notebook whose theme was on racial harmony, and its back cover was covered by a list of quotes from a few sacred texts from various faiths.

For Christianity, 1 Peter 3:8 was quoted.

We checked the Chinese characters of our names which are to be put into our leaving certificates... I think it's pretty interesting looking at Chinese names... for example, the characters in Maoxin's name didn't turn out to be those I expected.

I sat through the Chem and Maths period, during which the wind was howling very loudly outside the classroom. After Maths ended, I stood up, and was greeted by a sharp pain in my thigh.

I then realised that both of my legs were aching, probably due to the fact that I did not do "warm-down" after the grueling Standing Broad Jump practices. And my NAPFA test will be held tomorrow.

Great gobs of bantha poodoo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bantha

During GP today, I was reminded that I have much to learn regarding focus on essay question. I may think that I'm focused while I'm not.