isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Piece-ful death

This morning during Assembly, Mr Liu, our VP, brought up the point about caring about our valuables... and yeah, most of the TJCians must have known that he mentioned the case where I left my watch lying around (see previous post)...

The 28th Students' Council has started collecting money for the cohort's gift to the College... this year it will be facilities for the coming Students-Lounge-In-A-Couble-Decker-Bus.

Well, at least it's not like what the 2003/2004 batch gave the College: Fans at the Sports Complex, which blow cool mist outwards.

OK I know it wasn't their fault...

Today during Civics, Ms Fong went through the last part of the presentations on BGR, and we discussed a bit about abortion... we were shown the outlines of various kinds of abortions (they generally involve cutting the foetus into pieces) and a foetus that is too old (close to birth) might have to be killed by first puncturing its skull and sucking the brain contents out.

We were then shown the pictures of the "victims" of abortion... like a small foetus whose rib cage looked like cartilage... and also a big one with lots of froth-like substance near its head.

Oh yes, and that Civics period was before our lunch time.

Jesus, now I understand why you're so against abortion.

We also discussed about whether one will accept a spouse who wasn't a virgin... my stand is that I won't mind my spouse's past if she abandoned the promiscuous lifestyle... I believe that loving a person involves accepting his/her past, but my only worry will be that my possibly non-virgin spouse might have contracted AIDS in one of her past... experiences.

And if I have a daughter who... erm... takes a wrong step and got pregnant, I won't ask her to abort her child (because of my faith, and also the stuff I saw today) but I will want her to come to terms with her past, ignore gossips and judgemental remarks, stand up again, and raise her child.

Later, I shall go drifting again.