isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, August 12, 2005

Nearly Mr Lonely

Maoxin has this Origami book which he bought in his Primary school days (it's in quite a bad shape now)... it teaches you how to do origami dinosaurs. It's pretty cool, and I'm especially curious about the Origami Stegosaurus. I borrowed the book and I'll be trying some of the dinosaurs over the weekend.

And I'll study my Chem Equilibrium, of course!

This morning I finally learnt the Physics behind the mystery which baffled me for years... the reason why water flowing from a tap will become narrower and eventually break up into droplets.

The "narrowing" part is caused by the "equation of continuity", which states that the product of cross-sectional area and flowing speed is always a constant. The speed of the water increases as it streams down, so the cross-sectional area decreases, i.e. it narrows down!

As for the "droplets" part, it's due to "surface tension" which we haven't learnt yet.

All was well during the Maths remedial today (Mrs Leong decided that she might as well go through tutorials instead of Ten-tear-series), and the Complex Number lectures are close to completion.

For Chem lecture, Ms Rita Wong covered one-and-a-half topics (during the first topic, she went through 14 slides of content in about 3 minutes!). They're all on studies on Groups in the periodic table, and were all factual and "dry".

Organic Chem is still the best. I don't know why I think that way, since it's also factual stuff anyway...

For Computing, we're into Language Translation now (programming languages, of course). After the lesson, Mr Chua told us to write down our index numbers on every sheet of our printed submission materials of our Computing Coursework.

Joel's name chop (which saved a lot of name-writing time during exams) led me to think that it would be nice if Cambridge could issue us name and index number chops for use in exam scripts.

Today I was finally going for the Maths remedial for the first time... I skipped my previous 3 sessions because...

  • 1st session: Had Japanese language exam stuff to settle.
  • 2nd session: Class photo-taking.
  • 3rd session: NAPFA test.

So as I stepped into the lecture theater, I thought I would not find anyone I know there (Lonely... I'm Mr Lonely...), but thank God, there's Ankur.

Speaking of Mr Lonely, I liked this song because the baby-voice intro is so cute! Well, there was once when Mom and I passed by a roadshow and heard this song... Mom didn't hear the "I have nobody" part clearly (it sounded like "I have no bah-dee"), so she kept saying that it was "I have no money".

Goodness.

Anyway, I found out that Mr Lonely was originally a war song which talks about the homesick feeling of soldiers fighting wars away from home.



Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody for my own
I am so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
Wish I had someone to call on the phone


Now I'm a soldier, a lonely soldier
Away from home through no wish of my own
That's why I'm lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I wish that I could go back home



Now for the new version of Mr Lonely...



Lonely I'm Mr Lonely,
I have nobody,
For my owwnnn
I'm so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody,
For my owwnnn
I'm so lonely,

Yo this one here goes out to all my playas out there ya kno got that one good girl whose always been there like ya
Kno took all the bullshit then one day she cant take it no more and decides to leave

I woke up in the middle of the night and I noticed my girl wasn't by my side, coulda sworn I was dreamin, for her I was
Feelin, so I hadda take a little ride, back tracking ova these few years, tryna figure out wat I do to make it go bad, cuz
Ever since my girl left me, my whole life came crashin

I'm so lonely (so lonely),
I'm Mr. Lonely (Mr. Lonely)
I have nobody (I have nobody)
To call my own (to call my own) girl

I'm so lonely (so lonely)
I'm Mr. Lonely (Mr. Lonely)
I have nobody (I have nobody)
To call my own (to call my own) girl

Cant belive I hadda girl like you and I just let you walk right outta my life, after all I put u thru u still stuck
Around and stayed by my side, what really hurt me is I broke ur heart, baby you were a good girl and I had no right, I
Really wanna make things right, cuz without u in my life girl

I'm so lonely (so lonely)
I'm Mr. Lonely (Mr. Lonely)
I have nobody (I have nobody)
To call my own (to call my own) girl

I'm so lonely (so lonely)
I'm Mr. Lonely (Mr. Lonely)
I have nobody (I have nobody)
To call my own (to call my own) girl

Been all about the world ain't neva met a girl that can take the things that you been through
Never thought the day would come where you would get up and run and I would be out chasing u
Cuz aint nowhere in the globe id rather be, aint no one in the globe id rather see then the girl of my dreams that made me
Be so happy but now so lonely

So lonely (so lonely)
I'm Mr. Lonely (Mr. Lonely)
I have nobody (I have nobody)
To call my own (to call my own)

I'm so lonely (so lonely)
I'm Mr. Lonely (Mr. Lonely)
I have nobody (I have nobody)
To call my own (to call my own) girrll

Never thought that id be alone, I didnt hope you'd be gone this long, I jus want u to call my phone, so stop playing girl and
Come on home (come on home), baby girl I didn't mean to shout, I want me and you to work it out, I never wished Id ever
Hurt my baby, and its drivin me crazy cuz...

I'm so lonely (so lonely)
I'm Mr. Lonely (Mr. Lonely)
I have nobody (I have nobody)
To call my own (to call my own)

I'm so lonely (so lonely)
I'm Mr. Lonely (Mr. Lonely)
I have nobody (I have nobody)
To call my own (to call my own) girll

Lonely, so lonely
So lonely, (so lonely),
Mr. Lonely, so lonely
So lonely, so lonely, (so lonely), Mr. Lonely



Shalom.