isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

2 quick tests and a slow speech made my day.

Today was a day in which I would have a load (or two loads!) lifted off my heart.

For the past few days I've been worrying about my tests... I mean, I could mug the ass off me but there're certain things which are out of my control. What if something happened during my tests? What if my mugging was, in the end, in vain?

Yes. Today is (I should say was) the day for 2 of my tests: Maths and Chem.

Yesterday night I prayed a lot.

Today my Maths test was at the first period (this applies for the whole cohort haha) and generally I can say I would pass the test. I think the test was easy for everyone, but that didn't stop me from being extra elated for the rest of my morning.

I came across this article debating about whether to be kept alive through atrificial means if one goes into permanent vegetative state. Without written proof, it was hard to decide what the patient wanted, as it was in the recent Terri Schiavo case. Schiavo's parents said that her faith (Catholic) suggested that she would not decide not to be kept alive through artificial means, despite the testimony given by Schiavo's personal friends that she actually told them "No tubes for me".

I myself would not say that I love dying, and I would not go for Euthanasia even if diagnosed with cancer... but did the Bible stress that we must hold on to "life" so dearly? That refusal of being kept alive artificially is just wrong?

What the Bible does say clearly is that if we believe in Christ we would be with him after death, that we would not perish but have everlasting life. This I know.

I would not pursue death, but I think when I grow up, I would choose to sign the AMD. No use keeping me alive if I am befallen with a simmilar case as that of Schiavo.

Let me go see Christ lah, come on!

Anyway, Mr Desai wasn't here today so it was relaxing time for the class. Due to the smell of chlorinated water (which I couldn't stand) that seemed to fill the classroom, I went out to study for Thermochem (the test was to follow this period).

*Mugger!!!*

Shortly after I returned to the classroom, Ms Fong came in rather abruptly and the test started with equal abruptness. I was surprised that the test only consisted of 2 questions and the total mark was just 12!

It was easy, though. I think I can get 70% of the marks.

After that I joined my friends for a gathering (today we discussed about prayer requests for a combined prayer list), followed by a talk given by one of the Generals in SAF.

The talk was informative, but the speed with which he delivered the speech made the whole thing very long, and I was, like, upset because I could have used the time to do my computing stuff.

Never mind. The speech has ended after all, and the time is all mine. Better use it wisely.