isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Paper Sith

Today's swimming lesson was a blast!

Although there was rain in the morning and there were probably a few who would rather not change into swimming gear at all, swimming lesson still went on.

Good for me.

We had a "water polo" match all the way... it wasn't really water polo because the method of scoring was just to hold the ball and touch the side of the pool to score a goal... it was like Captain's ball in the pool.

Haha... Mr Ng joined our team.

During the game, I (with a myopic degree of nearly 1000 on each eye) had some difficulty spotting my teammates (with my specs off)... but generally I can say that I tend to do passes better in water. Heh.

What's more, during the game I finally mastered front crawl! Woohoo!

After the match (Mr Ng lost count of the scores lol). The match ended quite early, so Maoxin and I had time to swim a few across-the-pool laps.

Back at College, I was greeted by something less impressive.

I failed the Chem test I took yeaterday by 1 mark. 5 out of 12.

The reason was not conceptual error, but a few careless mistakes. That was the only way I could console myself. It is relatively easier to correct carelessness than to try understanding a topic which I don't.

Ms Fong said she may consider asking me to attend remedial lessons soon.

During lunch today I came across this issue of TIME magazine for public reading, and the cover story is about SW Ep 3. Heh. Lots of stuff, but most of which I already knew.

What I didn't know, though, was that George Lucas would be in the film during the scene where Anakin and Palpatine would be watching an opera. He would appear as a blue-faced guy, I think.

During Computing, Quang Hung tole me about a Star Wars special in today's issue of the New Paper, so... I got it lah, of course. Quite rich in content, I think. Haven't read it yet.

After school was the IT Club Exco interview, which went on fine. I find that we (the current Exco) are less intimidating than the previous Exco (which freaked me out during my interview...).

Starwars.com added this section in its opening Flash movie to introduce all the characters, locations and stories. I found a particularly cute shot of Palpatine (after the transformation, of course!).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"No more Jedi around, heh?"

Ugh. Hope it scared you.