isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, May 20, 2005

The taste of victory

Today was another day for usual tutorials and lectures... and some resource searching for me... I'd been searching for some resources with which I'm going to do some kind of stuff... right on this blog.

There's time for that some other day. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

Poor Maoxin, he's now the only one left in my class doing Bio-Chem.

Today I nearly walked past the Discipline Master while eating my Kit Kat... if not for my friend's help.

Anyway, during Food Chem lecture our lecturer talked about how to differentiate genuine and false sharks' fins. On the molecular level.

Genuine sharks' fin contains some kind of protein... and another aromatic compound (one which is connected to a benzene ring). False sharks' fins do not contain this kind of aromatic compound, so if you really (bother to) go and do a Nuclear Magnetic Resonance analysis, you can identify the benzene ring in real sharks' fin.

Sounds fun. And creepy.

Today, almost the whole school turned up at Toa Payoh Stadium (we're brought there) to support our College basketball team (playing the finals against Hwa Chong Institute team). Although I was no longer that overly enthusiastic kid whom I was last year, I still cheered all the way for the College (I mean, since I was already there...). Initially our team was leading, then later they got a bit off-form especially in shooting... and then they caught up again.

The result? 73 : 65. Our team WON!!!

It was nearly 20 years since TJC basketball team touched the champion trophy. It was a moment of elation for (almost) the whole College cohort...

So... yeah, went to Junction 8 with Kelvin and Jansen after the match... and now I'm in Pasir Ris Library blogging.

Kelvin has an exciting day ahead... 2 wedding ceremonies to attend during the weekend... enjoy hor!

As for me, there's gonna be an exciting outing for IT Club as well... we're gonna go around looking for ideas for our June Camp hike!

And if possible, tommorow is ROTS for me as well!