isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, October 20, 2005

What the "Fruc"?!

OK... the Chem Mock MCQ papers are over... and I was especially overwhelmed by the 2nd paper...

I was generally relieved, though, that I improved because of the past one-week-plus period studying Inorganic Chem.

Now... I finally finished the Inorganic section and I'm venturing into Food Chem.

And the first chapter got me asking "WTF?!".

"F" for fructose.

I know that I can memorise all the dry stuff from the Carbohydrates chapter... but I don't want to memorise something without understanding the chemistry behind it... so here I am, looking for information on how the straight chains of the monosaccharides actually close up to form the rings.

And I think I found the right website for my stuff.

Got to go.