isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Nightmare of the Lizard-lover

Yesterday I was too busy to blog. Trying out "something new".

Heh.

Anyway, I heard from Junqun that he's going to be enlisted one week after his A levels... and he's not the only one.

Sigh... maybe it's my turn next... to be given only a week of enjoyment...

Take it easy, man!

When I was buying a cake from the snack stall using my $10 note, the stallholder said that she had no choice but to give me $9.50 in nine $1 coins plus one 50-cent coin because people usually give a lot of big notes on Mondays, causing them to use up the $2 and $5 notes pretty quickly.

Haha... nine $1 coins in my oh-so-heavy wallet... I felt so rich, man!

"Something new" in my 1st paragraph (if you can call it a paragraph...) refers to the Pokemon Emerald (sorry Kelvin) Rom I downloaded to try out before I actually buy the game...

OK I know what you're about to say, so to clarify things, I've deleted the Rom today already, and I'll only be getting the real thing after the A levels. Duh!

But I'm still rambling about yesterday, so...

OK after a few tries and some search over the net, I think I would be using the Grass-type starter, the Treecko (something like Gecko from the Tree). I've never used Grass-type starters before, mind you.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Treecko

However, in Red/Blue or Gold/Silver, there is always one lizard-like Pokemon among the 3 starters, and my favourites were always the lizards (Charmander from Red/Blue and Totodile from Gold/Silver). Guess it's no exception now.

Also, if you remember my Chinese New Year post (bet you don't), I talked about Kecleon (a chameleon-like Pokemon) catching my eye.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kecleon. The chameleon.

But please don't give me a house lizard for my birthday, for goodness' sake!

Even though I would be a bit sad that there're only few of those "old" Pokemon in Emerald, the new ones turned out to be pretty cool as well, like Wingull, which can be caught in the first few stages of the game and learns Wing Attack at (get this) level 13! It evolves into Pelipper, some kind of a pelican-like Pokemon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pelipper. Cute.

Last night I had this nightmare, though. About having to fight some villain in a tall lighthouse. The main thing that scared me so much happened when I was looking out the "window" at the "beach"...

It was a dark night. I saw large, fat, black birds (about 10 of them) flying low around the shore, churning up waves. Their slihouette was scarily lit by a distant lighthouse (which turned out to be the kind of super bright lamp-post you see at stadiums).

OK you might think that's not scary. That's because I wasn't very good at describing it. It just freaked me out; I didn't know why.

Today was a lecture day... erm... yeah.

I had some kind of diarrhea this morning (not again?!) but I think it got better now.

Japanese Oral tomorrow.

Saikin, mettani nihongou de kaiwa shinai node, chotto shinpai shite imasu ne...