isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, October 14, 2005

Earphones and Ice cubes

Today was Melvin's birthday and I actually accompanied Ming Hwee and Jigang to Popular Bookstore to shop for a book as a gift for Melvin earlier in the week (I didn't blog about it since it was to be kept secret).

SInce Melvin is quite an avid reader and he's reading "Angels and Demons" right now, we bought him "Secrets of Anghels and Demons". I supposed Ankur was in charge of wrapping it up.

To my surprise, Joel had something for Melvin too... Taufik's "Blessings" album!

And I too have my fair share of gifts this year. Yang Chenglin's album aside, I got a pair of earphones from Joel as a belated birthday gift.

Just the thing for my Gameboy Advance which I'll pick up after the A levels.

Which reminds me... I don't think I'll be going for Grad Night after all... Jigang and Ming Hwee are already in the 08/04 table and only Joel and I are the only ITC members left who can form an ITC table...

Heh... a table of 2, huh?

Nah... guess I'll just keep my savings and buy my Pokemon Emerald game pak soon!

With my new earphones, I can now listen to stuff even in the computer lab... so I got the famous Russel Peters' video from Mr Chua (he had it in his laptop).

It was basically what Maoxin had been telling me for months... about !xobile (don't try pronouncing it if you don't know how to), about "somebody's gonna get hurt real bad" and about "Anthony".

But what he didn't tell me was the mixed races part, about how you mix French and Greek to get Freaks, how you mix 2 people from Iceland and Cuba to get Ice-cubes, and many more crazy mixed-race names.

And as I blog, I can hear what the band was playing yesterday during our Maths Mock Exam.

It's the TJC Open House! It's when all the Year Ones who have just gone through one of the worst ordeals in the JC life (the Promos) go around painting a vibrant and lively and vivacious and whatever-you-might-call-it TJC community!

Minus the Year Twos who are stressed about the impending A levels.

Yeah, we don't see Year Twos sulking around during Open Houses.

It's called reality, my friend. At least it's not so bad in TJC.

Still, College life is not all play and no work.

Will get to work now.