isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The post with the greatest mood change. Ever.

Yes I mean that in this post there're gonna be 2 different matters of absolutely different moods.

Good news first.

Yesterday I went to Times Bookshop and... oh my gosh! I found something!

Well, if you didn't know about such a thing, there had been a series of parodies written for Harry Potter (Barry Trotter) and Lord of the Rings (Bored of the Rings). I saw this parody of the Da Vinci Code (the "Va Dinci Cod" which has this damn hilarious cover!).

And some more, I saw... "Star Warped"! And yes, it's a parody of Star Wars, written by "A.R.R.R. Roberts" (who did the parody of LOTR by J.R.R. Tolkien).

Oh my goodness.

The reason why I went to buy the book this morning was because it's got all the 6 episodes in it (which means I don't have to buy a whole series of thick small hardcovers). The prequels part is a bit short, though.

The most funny term I found in that book (so far) was the "Imperial Empire of the Imperium".

So I went back to College in this very nice mood and even scanned an image for the book's cover...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And the mood stayed on until I went on Forums.

I got the shock of my life.

See this post. About the new ITC Exco.

I wanna make this clear.

Fatima, you are writing this post from the point of view that the Chairperson and Vice-chair are necessarily higher posts than Project leader.

And you said that it's unfair that Yufeng didn't get to be C or VC, I suppose? That the guys we appointed for C and VC are NATO (no-action-talk-only) ? Huh?

I tell you, you can say that we're a biased bunch, but I tell you. I think Yufeng is a likeable guy and I was one of the Exco members who wanted him to be Project leader the most.

I know he's the one who co-ordinated the whole shopping thing and basically the starting of fire, not to mention the whole BBQ session. He was the one flipping the chicken wings and sausages and crabsticks and whatever.

We saw all these too.

I don't know what the other Exco members were thinking, but I wanna say this: That because (NOT despite) of all these stuff I mentioned above, I supported the decision to make him Project Leader.

Based on my experiences this year...

I think the Chairperson and Vice-chair are those who -- Yes I know -- co-ordinate the club meetings and liase with outside people and so on. Of course, they chair Exco meetings. Seem like "higher positions" to most.

And I think the Project Leader is one who has to be committed outside meetings (you gotta lead group members and do stuff for competitions etc. at your own time) and, of course, have skills. After seeing Yufeng's performance during June Camp, I think he's the ideal choice for PL.

Not that See Shuen or Joel Long are not fit to be PLs, but while I think See Shuen is also a good choice for PL (he has the skills), we need more serious (forgive me if this sounds wierd but I'm not sure how to phrase it) people for C and VC posts. The 2 guys work quite well together and would make good partners in the ITC Exco, I believe.

Maybe my stand is affected by personal experience. And my point of view is definitely valid.

You may not know that I was one of the former Project Leaders. And why may you not know? Because I didn't find any projects for you guys to do. And why the case? Because I didn't have the qualities of a PL (experience, ability to interact, human resource management skills... etc.). I didn't have the time and the opportunities to learn. I didn't even run for this post, by the way. After my failure in the Exco, I really want to see to the recruitment of more experienced PLs.

Now I'm not saying that PL is a higher post than C and VC. No such thing either.

What pissed me off further is the way you flamed the other Exco members as if they're worthless.

So what if someone doesn't know how to set up the fire for BBQ?

Do you want a situation in which, say, I stand beside the really experienced fire-starter (since I claim to have "leadership qualities") and start bossing around? I may even be an unnecessary distraction and cause the fire-starting process to be slowed down!

I was surprised you could even link BBQ skills with the ITC Chairperson post. And you mean one who doesn't know the essential skills for BBQ is not fit to be chairperson? What kind of logic is that?

And please, if you don't want to support your new new Exco by attending meetings... by all means. And that also means that you won't get to support your new PL by taking part in small projects (or big ones)... that you will probably pull Lala out of the club... while eventually, the C and VC can suceed as C and VC, and the 2 PLs can suceed as good PLs.

No PEARLS points already, anyway. And if LEP is so enriching and so free of "losers"...

I'm trying to keep in control.

No hard feelings. I do want you to stay in the club and give the new Exco (or at least the new PL, if that's the only member you like) a chance to shine.

And stop flaming people and calling them losers. I don't know how to start fire for BBQ either.

P.S.

Sorry Ken Chiu, if you think I didn't make mention of you, that's because you were not involved in the flaming (or so I think). Maybe you were... but then again, I think you'll make a good PL as well.

Yufeng, I seriously hope you don't think the way Fatima did (I know you won't). And you'll shine as a PL.

See Shuen and Joel, we (the old Exco) knew what we're doing. Be strong.

And Joel, you'd better think again about being Rep for all the subjects (if you still are). I'll talk to you about it soon.