isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Wheely Wednesday and an Air-conditioned Saturday

On Wednesday I joined Sunny Saturday (inccluding Jonathan) + HP* for a regular skating trip at the basement near Esplanade (I don't know whatthey call it...). For me, Peng and Jonathan, iot was our first time there.

Peng bought skates prior to that, but I was still too poor to afford one... Yichuan was kind enough to lend me his for a while, so I could refresh my nearly rusty skating skills.

Hmm... I think that's a great chance for me to really get the hang of skating... after all, practice makes perfect!



Yesterday was my first time doing weekend guard duty, where I have to be there at camp for the whole day! I would describe my experience there using 2 words: "Depot Chalet".

Well, after arriving there (and sweating like a pig), I rested in the air-conditioned duty rest room for about 2 hours (Pokemon Fire-Red for 1.5 hrs, sleep for 0.5 hr) and captured a Kangaskhan before doing 2 2-hour morning shifts and having a sumptuous Char Kuay Teow for lunch.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kangaskhan

Then, I slept... and slept... for 3 hrs in air-con comfort...

Played more Pokemon... had chicken rice for dinner...

Slept for 5 more hours...

And did my night shift from 1a.m. right up to 7 a.m.! Cool!

Actually I should say "cold", since I did not bring any jacket to shield me against the strong air-con in the guard room...

Despite the long sleep I had prior to my shift, the full 6 hours was actually quite tiring for me (maybe I was affected by the lateness of the hour as well, compared to other shifts like 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.).

Nevertheless, a short sleep during my return journey on the MRT was enough to rejuvenate my senses!



*Huang Peng, not Hewlett Packard!