isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New

"Wow, neeewwww bass ah?"

Yeah, I was at the Yamaha Clearance Sale with Kelvin, who intended to buy the DT Express electric drum set (only one in stock, offered at a damn good price!). Kelvin was saying that there'll be people queueing there damn early, so we'd better be there about-

3 a.m.

"Siao ah?"

Photobucket

Not really. The moment we reached there we're surprised to actually find-

people.

The guy in the first place had been there since 4 p.m. the previous day. All right the drum set's yours. You deserved it.

It wasn't that bad actually... Kelvin and I got 5th and 6th place respectively, behind a few guys from NUS Kent Ridge Hall and an ex-TJCian.

Photobucket

The original plan was that he'll get the drum set and I'll get something I can resell and make a profit.

Plan B? We've already been pushed to Plan Z!

Which more or less translated as random grab. And I was so all over that emo song I was listening to, I almost decided on a set of bongo drums.

Photobucket

In the end Kelvin got the Yamaha S08, a synthesizer with semi-weighted keys. I got a bass guitar, a Fernandes FRB-40 at $400. Considering its usual price of over $900, it's indeed quite a good deal!

Photobucket
Cool, huh?

~

I finally got my new specs!

This time I decided to go for a thick-rimmed frame. Kai Guan's first reaction was that it might look obiang, but I think that's the result of the media's over-stereotyping.

Usually in movies or dramas people on the geekish side will be seen wearing thick rims but, well I'd say that's actually a lousy way of character development. Much like Shana's "Urusai Urusai Urusai!!!".

But I digress.

I reckoned that thick rims can actually make my face look less plain. I don't exactly have very sharp facial features, so frames on the verge of invisibility probably won't help much.

Photobucket