isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mu-zilla

The issue about "Audio Violence" is now generating more talk than ever.

People start speaking up (albeit in the comfort of anonimity, mostly on newspaper forums) about the growing number of individuals who choose to blast their music loudly on the public transport instead of using their earphones.

Much of the credit's given to the youths' mentality of wanting to stand out, to have an identity. I myself firmly believe that "you are what you listen to", and a great number don't want to just listen, but also to be heard.

Problem is, the stranger in the cabin doesn't give a hoot about this aspect of your identity. I used to want to let the whole world know what kind of music I'm listening to as well, but I sort of came to terms with that hard fact.

Sadly, I got the point from being very puzzled myself by some of my own friends' taste in music.

Anyway, too little blame, I believe, has been put on some of the messages the media is getting across. It didn't really hit me until I saw this ad on the train itself (of all places -_-")!

Photobucket
Samsung Music Speaker Phones. "Live Loud!"

Wow. Very good education, I must say.

Speaker phones are good, especially when people go out in their small groups for any boring event you can think of, and need some entertainment. Even so, the way certain brands are marketed sort of gives the consumers the wrong impression.

I remotely recalled having seen the abovementioned video commercial at the cinema, and, well...

Photobucket
"DIY DJ! You can be one too! Yeah yeah check it check it!"

Photobucket
"Wow look, the whole city loves my music! Wow! Wow!"

Talk about misleading ads.

Photobucket
Hey, a 5-string bass!

But I digress.

Anyway, to avoid being biased I try to look up the commercials of other brands as well, including my favourite Sony Ericsson. Let's see...

Photobucket
Oh man...

.

.

.

.

Photobucket
Ah, he's got earphones on.

~

Photobucket
Oops.

.

.

.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I see, a picnic for 2 at the park.

I'm glad Sony Ericsson is careful not to cross the line. They're still reminding you to keep your music to yourself. Good.