isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, February 01, 2008

Face it

Face it.

No one's really gonna have the time to pick and choose 25 friends to share whatever Facebook application (which was most probably spam-forwarded to you anyway) he or she's going to add.

Worse still, in some of the application you apparently cannot skip the "spam your friends" step.

This might just puff out any marginal interest some users might actually have in certain new applications.

Goodness! Thank God someone came up with the petition (in the form of a group) to stop this madness.

~

What ticks me off more? Chain messages about glorious friendship all over your super wall.

Don't get me wrong. The messages are very good by themselves, and I love them. What ticked me off was the very typical ending:

"Send this to your true friends! If you don't send this back to me you're probably not my true friend I guess"

Which totally removes any kind of depth the message might have carried in the first place.

It makes no sense to define friendship in such luminous terms and then dismiss it as something that can be undermined by a simple act of Not Forwarding a Spam. I mean, seriously!