isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, February 04, 2008

Happiness

I rarely get touched by songs on a very personal level. I can get blown away by very good arrangement ("Wow that's a nice chord! Got me surprised there!") or very good vocabulary use (personally I'm all praises for stuff like "缺氧过后的爱情" from "退后").

Or the instruments used. Like that high attack acoustic guitar.

Songs that touch me on a personal level are few. Songs that can sit by my side, put an arm round my shoulder (alright that sounds a bit creepy), even fewer.

In short, lyrics with warmth. Good vocab can sometimes still feel like a slab of metal; what's important is, I guess, the message it brings across.

Here's something I would like to share today.

~

《快乐》 -- 张智成

快乐 是可以分享的
快乐 需要一些过程
快乐 总是会被记得
因为记忆只留下美好的

你是你自己的作者
何必写那么难演的剧本

别怪话说得太多了
我只是 不要你不快乐

被爱 应该是幸福的
去爱 没有想象的愚蠢
想爱 可以非常的单纯
因为爱全是与生俱来的

你问 我怎么那么深
这些智慧该如何才获得
爱你 我认识了快乐
他带我上了难得的一课

~

But I have to say, the addition of that Cantonese oldie chorus (not included in above lyrics duh!) sort of spoiled it for me. But I can never forget the first verse in the first instance of the chorus (in bold and italics). Never.