isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, December 30, 2005

One year

Greetings, Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve (yeah I just watched Narnia)...

... ...

...

it...

it's been...

... a year!

I know I still can't compare to some bloggers who've been blogging for years, but... I can't believe it... I generated one year worth of posts? Wow...

Here I am, typing a post in Marine Parade Library -- the place where I started this little blog! Too bad I'm not using the same computer I used last December 30.

I'm not here just for blogging of course! There's a class barbeque at East Coast Park later...

Anyway, in this year I...

  • Gave HTML lessons for the first time (and knew that I could be such a boring teacher)
  • Began habitual practice jogging
  • Went for the super cool AHS HO camp
  • Visited Tekong BMTC
  • Learned how to play Bridge (but forgot most of it...)
  • Bought a $2 radio which lasted till now
  • Once got so worried about my blog's readership
  • Did specials for Easter and Star Wars (and I'll never do a post that long again!)
  • Took up new games like Initial D (which is actually the only new game I took up...)
  • Took the A levels (like, the craziest thing of the year)

This had been an enjoyable year (like all school years) and it's also my last year of going to a "uniformed" institution (the name I give to institutions where students wear uniforms... unless they're really called that).

I have to thank my tutors, who are really very nice people... and my close friends in the class. And outside my class, of course.

I have to thank the College for electricity. I know I'm one of the groups of students who contribute a lot to the electricity bills... the computer users. Because the computer in my house has really reached a cannot-make-it state, I had to do all my computer stuff at College. The bulk of my posts here are done in the CS lab.

I have to thank the IT Club people for being great friends and for tolerating such a useless "Project leader".

And I have a few confessions to make...

I almost got myself into the same mess Zoe Tay got herself into during the Star Awards... damn those spoof reports! I was reading some issue of the then U-weekly and saw this section in a spoof report talking about S.H.E. splitting up. One of the reasons I like S.H.E. was that they were a playful and united bunch... so I got very shocked because it said that the reason for the split was some internal disagreements.

And I almost blogged something about it. Thank God I didn't.

And I'm going to buy their latest album... "Shen Qiang Shou" (Sharpshooter) is such a cute song!

Next confession... I broke a promise.

I promised in some post (I can't find it and I'm in a hurry now) that I wasn't going to touch video games before the end of the A Levels... obviously I failed to do so. DotA, Initial D, Pokemon...

And I think I have to come clean about this particular matter here.

It's obvious that I backslided a bit this year, and I cannot afford to be like this next year... I'll face a lot of temptations and my character and principles will be put to the test in the next phase of my life -- National Service.

And I'm supposed to be an soldier for Christ, not a Prisoner of War under the fleshy nature.

National service next year... on January 20 2006, I'll be sleeping without my family at somewhere other than home... for the first time! Even though I've heard stories about NS and I fear that there will be a lot of politics inside there, the next 2 years will probably be full of challenges and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead.