isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Initial F

Farewell

Last Thursday evening was HO farewell... and yes, I know this is a rather outdated post... due to circumstances which render me computer-less for the past few days.

Anyway...

I was sick on that day, as you can see from my last post, so I wasn't sure whether I could go for the Farewell... I was already a bit paiseh about going as an alumnus... and would be even more so if I turned up as a sick man. Thank God, my condition improved by a lot by evening.

Played some ("understatement" is an understatement) Pokemon Emerald before going for that thing, just for your information.

The wait at the MRT station for the Sec Twos was already very eventful. When I arrived at Aljunied MRT station, some of them were already there, and there was this cockroach scuttling around... Ningxi (Ex-chairperson from me and Kelvin's batch) wanted someone to chase it away, but before she could finish her request, some guy who was obviously not looking at the ground stepped on half of the cockroach (I forgot whether it was upper or lower half, but it was only half).

OK after the Sec Twos arrived, we're told to board some bus to the condominium called Pebble Bay (The farewell took place in the function room, and as it turned out, the condo had a bus stop right in front of it).

The juniors who were already there at the function room gave the seniors (meaning us) a hero's welcome which made me even more paiseh, but after some time I managed to settle down (how can I not, in the presence of Wenjun's contagious light-hearted attitude?).

Then it started.

The other HO members started streaming in through the "Starlight Path", followed by some Caucasian boy who just happened to be a resident there yearning for some fun.

OK the teachers were not there... and there was no "VCR" of teachers' speech... so we proceeded to dinner rather quickly... the cheesecakes were really nice!

It was the dinner part that took the longest... because it encapsulated photo-taking and cards-playing. Our table, containing me, Kelvin, Ningxi, Wenrong, Wenjun and Geoffrey, was pretty noisy too, because after the table of Sec 2 girls decided to do a "Yum Seng", we followed suit, in a much louder way (we're guys after all), much to Ningxi's dismay.

The Caucasian boy came in again for a brief period of seconds.

Oh yes... after having our fill, we went to have a look at the list of available songs (prepared by the juniors, of course) and there're some familiar ones... for example, when the player was playing Fa Ru Xue (a very literal translation gives "Hair Like Snow"), we guys were following the "lar lar lar lar" part and we're pretty loud.

Come to think of it, if I set up my blog only after the launch of Jay's new album, I may name it "fa-ru-xue.blogspot.com". then if I turn up at Blogger Con, I may approach Xiaxue and go "Hi Xiaxue, I'm Faruxue".

Better not try that... but I digress.

After the getting-along session, there were performances by the juniors. Song and drama. The drama was a bit... erm... but well, it's just an informal occasion anyway...

Keli's outfit for the event reminded Wenjun of Ron Weasley's dress robe in Goblet of Fire. And I agreed with him.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ron in his dress robes, looking less than happy, or maybe just a little better than suicidal

The Faruxue incident got us (meaning Kelvin, Wenjun, Geoffrey and I) so fired up that the 4 of us decided to go for a K-box outing soon.

After the farewell there were some crappy incidents too... like when one of the abovementioned 4-guys-gang (I forgot which one) switched off the lights when Geoffrey was in the toilet... and when the bus to Aljunied MRT went pass this large billboard with a woman doing a suggestive pose under a message which says "Are you lonely?".

No... I'm in the company of friends. Thank you.

Hmm... guess that's all for the farewell.

Battle Frontier

Great Scott!

After beating the Elite 4 in Pokemon Emerald (I barely won only using type advantage), I was finally able to access the Battle Frontier. A guy named Scott in the game who looked suspicious in the beginning (he was "spotting talented trainers" and I thought he was doing it for Team Aqua before I knew that he was working for the BF) turned out to be one of my "friends" who brought me to the BF... when I first arrived at that place I was, like, awestruck by that place... it's like a huge carnival going on!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Battle Frontier, set on a solitary island

The battle facilities there proved to be hard for me... I wanted to earn 48 battle points to exchange for a chance of my Heracross (yes I caught one in the Safari Zone) to learn Swords Dance (a non-offensive move which greatly increases attack rate). After a gruelling battle in the Battle Dome (because I couldn't survive anywhere else), I got...

ONE battle point.

Wow... long way ahead yeah?

Frequently used names

Been listening to YES 933 (and Peifen is my favourite female DJ too) these days and I heard the English version of Lee Hom's "Liu Lei Shou Xin" ("Palms In Tears") which was entitled "Mary Says".

I was remotely reminded of David Tao's "Susan Says".

Hmm... but isn't Mary such a cliched name?

Guess if I become a songwriter in the future, I'll write a song entitled "Xiaoming says".

P.S. "Xiaoming" is a name which you'll see in the Sentence Formation section in most Chinese papers.