isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Great Cockraoch Massacre

Last Friday I went to the bank with Mom to set up a new account for me. I was thrilled, of course...I mean, I know there are some who started their own accounts in their primary school days with $1, but I wasn't one of them. I wasn't better off either... my starting amount was $30.

When we went home afterwards, we were greeted by a horrible sight: dead cockroaches strewn all over the corridor near the void deck. There were some that were alive... Mom stepped on one of them but it didn't die. Thank God... otherwise it would have freaked her out.

I read a newspaper article that afternoon about the outsourcing of gamers...

Huh?!

Yes... there are some who wish to have their characters gain levels but had enough of all the boring routines of training, and others who want to unlock secret stages in games but are unsuccessful in the stages required for the unlocking... these people will then outsource.

Hmm... at that time I was training my Heracross so that it would reach level 53 and learn Megahorn... and was very bored with fighting the Elite 4 (maybe it's because the Battle Frontier was so much cooler)... I had 7 Rare Candies (feed one to gain one level) in hand and my Heracross was at level 46.

I was very tempted to feed all 7 of my RC's to it... but thought better than to do it in the end. Doing that would give me no sense of satisfaction as a trainer.

I have now trained my Heracross up to level 51.

That night, while I was having dinner with Mom at a food court, a guy who was sitting behind Mom suddenly had something like fits. We were freaked out, but fortunately someone who had a handphone called for an ambulance and the guy slightly recovered before the ambulance arrived. Mom concluded that it could have been a heart attack.