isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Poolday again

Today I played Pool with Jiansheng again... this time it's a Wednesday, so it's cheaper... we could play for 2 hours. However, by the time we ended, we realised that it's meaningless to play for such a long stretch of time; the fun is lost upon getting tired after a few rounds. Still, there were some memorable instances...

During a game, I started by accidentally helping Jiansheng score 2 balls on his side. Undeterred, I said that if I could still win that round, that says something.

And I won that round eventually.

Ah yes, the theme song for Jackie Chan's "Myth" movie was really nice (even though I could only make out the "Sa Rang Hae" phrase in the part of the chorus in Korean).

There was another round when most of the balls were crowded on one end of the table and the black ball was alone on the other end. I was very tempted to hit in the black ball as the game was dragging for quite a long time. Then Jiansheng had to hit the white ball in some way that it went close to the black ball. I did a Krum and "ended the game on my own terms".

After 2 hours of Pool (I went off-form after the first hour), we separated and I had one single hamburger for lunch. Plus a slice of watermelon. Poor me.

I aranged an eye appointment with the National Eye Research Institute (a continuation to the eye-OWNING study) at 1:30 in the afternoon. Before that, I wanted to let Mom sign the consent form but thee was nowhere she could sign it... the form only asked for the signatures of a "witness" (I think that means a member of the staff at the Institute), the patient (I gave my trademark Mandarin signature) and the investigator. There was only a space for her to write her name.

Upon arriving at the Institute, they checked the consent form and realised that they didn't insert the field for parent's signature; they said I was the first one to notify them of the problem (?!!). And since the ERG part of the study was "not important", I needn't do it since there's no proven consent from parent.

Oh.

So I went away with a clear vision. The thing was that they almost dilated my pupils (rendering me blur-eyed) before realising that the consent form was needed. So if they dilated my pupils earlier...

On my journey back to Tampines (Wo zai hui jia lu shang...), someone was playing Jay Chou's "Yequ" and "Fa Ru Xue" using his handphone on the train... which reminded me of what a YES 933 DJ said about such "inconsiderate" acts.

I normally won't consider such acts as inconsiderate, and since he's playing some of my current favourite songs, complain I shall not.