isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, April 10, 2009

Spark

It came this afternoon, in full force, when the dibenzylacetone-alcohol solution was boiling a tad too rigourously and some of it spilled over onto the heating pan. Somewhere close by the pan a spark burst forth with a loud 'pop' sound, so loud I wondered why no one turned to look.

I turned off my heating pan, thinking that it had short-circuited (and later found out that it hadn't, thank God).

And ended up stoning there for a minute or two.

I guess things have been building up for the past week. My lab report which I've just completed a moment ago, slightly overdue. My conversation with Xuande about rethinking my Major and job prospects... OK maybe just my Major. And I kind of amused myself when Jewel was asking how I've been juggling studies and CCA and my reply was a simple

"No, actually I haven't been juggling."

Yea, I haven't. I've compromised on my studies by quite a lot. I can rethink my fling with Chemistry at a later date, but as of this Semester I've got 2 Chem modules and 1 Life Science module and I'm still intent on getting my 4.5. Even after that disastrous Organic Chem quiz.

And that means going through my 2 textbooks faithfully, bit by painful bit.

~

Moving on is always easy. It requires a lot more effort and mental energy, however, to make sure I take the lessons learnt along with me as I move on.

Which is kind of strange, 'cause I also believe that the longest-lasting changes will always take place at sub-conscious level.

It will take another semester, I guess, to see how much more comfortable I've become with myself. And with people.

~

If I get to see Bass Clef, Miller and Santos the next Sem, I'll be a happy man :)